TAAB on series 5 50/2 Summicron

wlaidlaw

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Whereas I love the performance of my 1999 Special Edition LTM Series 5 50mm Summicron on my LTM cameras, I really miss not having a focus tab or even a bump on it. Apart from anything else, you don't have a tactile reference of where the lens is focussed, when you first bring the RF to your eye. I thought I would try a TAAB https://www.lenstab.com/product/taab-mini/ on the Summicron. I went for the Mini size as it would seem that it would just stretch to fit the Summicron. Well it was a struggle to get it on, needing for it to be soaked in boiling water to soften it and using a wooden skewer to lever it on. However now it is on, whereas not as good as an original tab, is a lot better than nothing. The circular strap is toothed on the inside so that it will not slip. 

Wilson

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Jac, 

I think the TAAB is a little neater, especially when used on small LTM cameras. Having had something made by S K Grimes in the past, I bet the TAAB at $10 is a lot cheaper!

Wilson

Jac, 

I think the TAAB is a little neater, especially when used on small LTM cameras. Having had something made by S K Grimes in the past, I bet the TAAB at $10 is a lot cheaper!

Wilson

Cheaper? Grimes? :)