Any opinions on Leica refurbished products

I've purchased two Leica cameras that were sold as refurbished. On neither could I determine for sure that the camera had actually ever been used, they were that clean, and the shutter counts were in the normal range of a new camera. Neither camera ever had any problems while I owned it (the second was my M9, which ultimately came up with the sensor corrosion issue that was no fault of the refurbishment). To me, getting $700 to $1000 off in exchange for half the warranty length was a darn good deal.

My M240 was one of these, labelled as a Q product. I'm not sure how much it was a refurbished but partly used camera, or en ex-demo product, cleaned, checked, repacked as new and sold.

I couldn't tell the difference from a totally new one. I've never had a moment's regret.

Edited by LocalHero1953

I think they are a better buy than a new one. They will have had one more round of QC checks - and normally it is not possible to tell them apart from a brand new product.

• Like 2

I see dealers  have Leica refurbished cameras that comes with 1 year Leica warranty. Any opinion on those bodies and how much should you save

over new before its not a good deal anymore?

What dealers??!

• Like 1