Anyone think of buying M8 again?

Color me simple-minded but I am not sure what the furor is about.  If you want a camera that will deliver "film-like" color and definition the choices are slim AFIK: M8/M8.2 or M9.  There are drawbacks to these cameras.  How important is it to have those image qualities?  If it is important you must go along with the headache you may encounter.  If you like the fun of driving an MG TD you have to put up with a car who reliability is marginal.  But if driving that little red honey with the top down on a sunny day is a big deal, you'll put up with the TD's quirks.  I drive a 2CV so I guess I am a glutton for punishment.  LOL  And I love the images of the M8.2.  Life is about compromises.  I try to make the best of them.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

During the last Leica One Challenge in 201 in Seville, there was a nice collection of M8'S

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't find an "I love my M8" thread, this seemed to be the nearest subject.  So here's mine, purchased a few years ago.   Summitar 35mm that came from a friend a couple of years later.

Digilux 2. f2.2 ISO200

Edited by Graham (G4FUJ)
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, lct said:

Summitar or Summarit?

Summitar  (11643).  A friend was going to trade it in against a slightly faster 35mm, but the dealer would only offer £400 for a mint condition lens.  So he sold it to me for the same price :)

I believe you but it is a Summarit :cool:.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was also recently infected with the Leica virus. I started with the Q2, then two months ago I got a perfectly preserved M-E240 with only 1700 releases. Then I was looking for a perfect/new M8 and I found it. Completely new with only 800 releases... I am as happy as a little child right now.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I am still quite happy with my M8.2.  I run it B&W with a Canon 28mm LTM f/2.8.  The B&W images are wonderful and about as sharp as you can get without making your eyes bleed.

Edited by boojum
  • Like 6

A couple more M8.2 B&W, both with the Canon 28mm LTM f/2,8.  It is a pretty good combo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sandynoyes/51239999775/in/album-72157719391591123/lightbox/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sandynoyes/51239144043/in/album-72157719391591123/lightbox/

Edited by boojum
  • Like 1