Sensor cleaning with rocket blower?

V.o.fox

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have the large rocket blower and have yet to have it remove anything, but I keep trying.  Sensor scope and lens pen probably should be first.   I have the gel sticks,  a Pentax one reserver for Leica which I have not used.  Lens pen does fine.   

I have cleaned lots of Nikon sensors with Eclipse and no issues.

I would worry worry less if I knew why sensors corrode.  I think humid climate or liquids may be the problem,  but I do not know.    I do know the "no touch"  solution is not practical.

What do I tell the dealer when my name shows up for a M10 ?

I have the large rocket blower and have yet to have it remove anything, but I keep trying. Sensor scope and lens pen probably should be first. I have the gel sticks, a Pentax one reserver for Leica which I have not used. Lens pen does fine.

I would worry worry less if I knew why sensors corrode. I think humid climate or liquids may be the problem, but I do not know. I do know the "no touch" solution is not practical.

Sensors don't corrode. The coatings on cover glass do. It has been addressed by the manufacturer over and above the warranty period. That's pretty fair goodwill.

I have the large rocket blower and have yet to have it remove anything, but I keep trying.  Sensor scope and lens pen probably should be first.   I have the gel sticks,  a Pentax one reserver for Leica which I have not used.  Lens pen does fine.   

I would worry worry less if I knew why sensors corrode.  I think humid climate or liquids may be the problem,  but I do not know.    I do know the "no touch"  solution is not practical.

I have my first Rocket Blower for years until recently I gave it to my daughter. It was OK to blow on lens after wet cleaning. But didn't worked well with dust on sensor. I ordered new one and it made the difference. I guess, my first one was worn out after years of squeezing :) 

The main thing is that the rubber of the original rocketblower tends to disintegrate after a number of years, depositing rubber particles on the sensor.

The Eyelead blower is made of a more stable material and has a dust filter.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1