Anyone from US can help me please?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am looking to get a white balance card and had my heart set on the WhiBal G7 pocket card after seeing the nice review from Thorsten Overgaard. Unfortunately this card can't be found anymore in the UK and have noticed that a few US shops have it. Can a US member kindly buy me one if I transfer you the money via Paypal please? I'd really appreciate any help.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Why not just buy it from B&H and have them ship? No need for a middleman,

Jeff

Because by the time B&H added shipping and all the rest that price jumps to about $60 which is ridiculous.

£22.94 on Ebay shipped from the United States, took ten seconds to search.

What makes you think that I havent already searched? I am fully aware of them being available on ebay however the shipping fees that they charge double the price. Ebay sellers are forced to use shipping that offers full tracking to destination in order to get full Paypal protection. Unfortunately this means that the shipping is very expensive.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Echoing what Jeff suggested, I took a look at his site. He has an "e-shop", but this item you seek is not listed there.

I'd think you would be able to buy direct, and given it is slim and light, it would post simply in an envelope.

Gary

**Edit** Just read the blurb, it states the card is available via their e-shop.

• Like 1

Echoing what Jeff suggested, I took a look at his site. He has an "e-shop", but this item you seek is not listed there.

I'd think you would be able to buy direct, and given it is slim and light, it would post simply in an envelope.

Gary

**Edit** Just read the blurb, it states the card is available via their e-shop.

Yep, it is....I checked before making the suggestion. And I figured they'd be best equipped to know UK or other European access, if any.

Jeff

What makes you think that I havent already searched? I am fully aware of them being available on ebay however the shipping fees that they charge double the price. Ebay sellers are forced to use shipping that offers full tracking to destination in order to get full Paypal protection. Unfortunately this means that the shipping is very expensive.

What makes you think anybody on the forum would want to risk posting it to you without some sort of tracking insurance?

And no, the eBay shipping fees do not 'double the price', on average they are just less than 50% of the retail price which may seem a lot but will be the lowest price for tracked postage.

Edited by 250swb

What makes you think anybody on the forum would want to risk posting it to you without some sort of tracking insurance?

And no, the eBay shipping fees do not 'double the price', on average they are just less than 50% of the retail price which may seem a lot but will be the lowest price for tracked postage.

The OP asked for someone to buy one IF he paid by PayPal; I took that to mean the OP would take the risk.

Here's B&H's price. Not sensible to buy low value items from the USA if you are in Europe.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Exodies
  • Like 1

Yes, and if you go for instance for  a Caruba or Novoflex one (out of many) you can walk into the nearest shop and buy one or get it sent out to you at low cost or no charge.

• Like 1

There are so many whitebalance and grey cards on the market; why would you want this specific one? They all do the same thing.

Conceptually same, but not all manufactured to same standards....quality and/or %.

The Passport Colorchecker is another alternative, albeit bigger, but with multiple uses.

Jeff

• Like 1

Yep, it is....I checked before making the suggestion. And I figured they'd be best equipped to know UK or other European access, if any.

Jeff

Contacted the guy asking and just got a reply which simply stated "sorry no". :rolleyes:

FFS if you have nothing positive to say why post here just to antagonize people? All I asked was if someone from US was willing to help. You're neither from US nor willing to help. You've offended me twice so far (first by acusing me of being lazy and second by assuming I would ask people for help and then try to get them to take the risk). Please crawl back to the cynical world you live in.

Just for clarification I have full intention to take the full risk on myself. I would send the buyer the money via Paypal friends and family option (so they dont pay any fees) and in advance of purchase.

There are so many whitebalance and grey cards on the market; why would you want this specific one? They all do the same thing.

The only reason I decided to try and get the WhiBal card was purely because of the positive feedback it has received. However it looks like I might not be able to get one after all. Are the three brands that you and Jeff have recommended similar quality?

The ColorChecker Passport is a bigger setup that can be used for custom profiles as well as w/b, etc. Well regarded.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_9?k=xrite+colorchecker+passport&sprefix=xrite+col

Lots of videos available on usage.

And Thorsten has written about it...

http://www.overgaard.dk/x-rite-colorchecker-passport.html

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S
  • Like 1