Leica M10 Video Review PART 1 (Thorsten Overgaard)

Overgaard

I've launched my first video review of the Leica M10 before the article series starts. I'll get into more on the sensor, ISO, comparison to Fuji and more in the following videos and articles. Enjoy!

Leica M10 Video Reviews by Thorsten Overgaard

M120-watch-L1010535-970w-499h-video-revi

Nice video Thorsten. I always enjoy your videos and look forward to seeing more of them. You are one of the reasons I sold my motorbike to by a used M9 recently :)

I've always admired your watch as well. Is it an IWC?

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't know what movements they do. I like the design and that the front is a shape like a lens. I don't use a lot of watches, but the ones I have are simple and has a glass that resemble optics a bit. (the other I use in the actual video is a www.KarlFalk.com )

• Like 1

I don't know what movements they do. I like the design and that the front is a shape like a lens. I don't use a lot of watches, but the ones I have are simple and has a glass that resemble optics a bit. (the other I use in the actual video is a www.KarlFalk.com )

Well, if they do, that is a good thing because next to the real Swiss calibers, Seiko movements are reputed to be  very reliable. - and fitting ;), as Copal-Seiko makes most Leica shutters.

I've had a few designer watches that had movements of uncertain provenance that were hopeless, easily broken and forget about spare parts.

Geez - my M10 is my watch (I have "date/time" right there in the favorites menu.) ;)

I quit wearing wristwatches about the time I started using computers with mice - my watch was always catching on the edge of the desk as I moused around.

• Like 1

Hej Thorsten,

I noticed you have no protection between your metal strap buckles and the camera body. Do you think they are going to scratch your camera?

Thanks for honestly sharing your thoughts in the video. I feel somewhat the same having had a silver M10 for about 1 month. No doubt it's a great camera, and mostly it works in fundamentally the same way as my previous Leica (a very good thing), but personally I'm still going through the stage of embedding the new menus and new ISO dial into my muscle memory, setting up Lightroom profiles I'm not completely happy with yet, etc. Nothing is 100% instinctive yet; but that instinctive use of the tool is why we choose Leica. I feel a bit like a teenager not quite comfortable in my own body. So there is no romance of a new relationship for me either; the camera and I simply need to spend some hours together to learn about each other before the love can really blossom. I've just left an 8 year very steady relationship with an M9 so I just need to take things easy for a while, get my head in the right place, and stop comparing the new camera to the old, but simply work on the new dynamic.

• Like 1