M10 Stuck On ISO 400

barbiaux.john

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ugh... Honeymoon is over. My M10 is stuck on ISO no matter what. Tried resetting, different battery, different SD card, auto ISO, manual ISO, changed the dial, etc... nothing changes it. If you enter main menu it says "ISO Setup" ISO400... but when you enter that menu it's M-ISO is set to 100, max ISO set to 1600, and max exposure time is 1/f.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Have you reset the camera from the menu? It's obviously stuck in some unwanted mode. A reset will give you a chance to start again from factory settings and can do no harm. Good luck.

:-(

Pete

Yep, tried all of it. Emailed Leica support so we shall see Monday I suppose. I imagine it will need to be sent in. The only thing I can guess is perhaps the ISO dial decoupled from whatever it is supposed to adjust internally at ISO 400 and it's stuck there, overriding all other settings. I'm not an expert at the mechanics so please go easy. Lol.

• Like 3

Leica service is exemplary, I'm sure that it will be a good outcome.

Thanks Mike, they did a great job with my M262 (had a bad sensor and shutter mechanism). Only drawback was that it took about a month. Hopefully the turn around on the M10 will be a little quicker. Luckily, I still have the 262 as a backup.

I have the same experience as you, except that my M10 is stuck on ISO 100.

I presumed that it was a firmware corruption, and tried to load an uncorrupted version, but was unable to do so.

I don't want to send it back to Leica just to have the firmware reinstalled.

There must be a simpler solution.

Please let me know Leica resolves your problem.

I have the same experience as you, except that my M10 is stuck on ISO 100.

I presumed that it was a firmware corruption, and tried to load an uncorrupted version, but was unable to do so.

I don't want to send it back to Leica just to have the firmware reinstalled.

There must be a simpler solution.

Please let me know Leica resolves your problem.

Sure, I'll let you know. They are working on it now. I'll post here when I get it back with an update.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my M10 to Leica NJ on May 9th, and got it back on May 29th.  

There was no documentation accompanying the camera to explain what the problem was.

Everything now seems to work as it should.

A contributing factor may have been that I often changed user profiles and menu settings.

I will do that less frequently in future.

• Like 1

I had to send in my M246 twice to Leica NJ for issues and each time I got it back, there was no explanation of what was the issue exactly and what was done to solve it. It seems that in the past they well documented this or perhaps since it is under warranty, they do not feel like it needs explaining. My other thought is that they do not wish to have issues discussed on forums and start rumors about systemic problems. My big issue with my M246 was a line across every frame at the top. While it was fixed, there was no explanation. I emailed them and got no response as to what was fixed.  I must say that the turn around time was not bad being just a few weeks I just wish there had been better communication.

I think i will set the iso dial to M

And change it a more traditional way through its menu :(

A bit of a useless ornament in that case.