Printer Blotches

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Or, obviously, to stick with Epson inks, which I'm content to do.... all part of the cost of the hobby. I'd rather simplify my workflow and still get benefits of the better machine... and inks.

If I were running Piezo for b/w, I would have kept my 3800. But frankly, my b/w prints using the P800, IP10, the M10, great papers, etc, are plenty good enough.... with an easy workflow.

Good to have options.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S
  • Like 1

When I first looked at the P800, the plan was to run Piezo inks for B/W in my Epson 2880 .That plan was put on hold after reading Michael Reichmans review of the P800 when used for B/W with the standard Epson ink.After reading a post by Jeff S about his experience with the P800 and IP 10 ,I put my Piezo budget towards IP 10 and I am very pleased with the results for colour and B/W with Epson ink . The 80ml cartridges have reduced my printing costs considerably but more importantly the Quality of print plus the ability to go to A2 has increased my enjoyment of the hobby.I am back where it all started for me 50 years ago, putting prints on the wall again. Most people who print inc myself will have the odd moan about the price of ink but at least the Epson 3880 / P800 series help to keep the cost of ink to manageable proportions.

Good to know it's still working out.

I was similarly influenced by IP reports, even before the P800. George DeWolfe, a printer whom I respect, compared Piezo to IP and Epson inks ... including use of ABW mode...across different printer models, and decided to use IP. The last section of the following article presents his findings.

https://www.colorbytesoftware.com/Ver10/Reviews/BandW_Master_Print.htm

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S