SL Summicron 75/2 prototype

Leicaiste

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Steffen Skopp (SL product mgr) posted a photo of an SL body with a prototype of the 75mm lens. I noticed the display showed the camera to be in "S" mode. I asked what that was and he responded with only a wink. New mode coming? Just a debug mode for testing new lenses? Very curious.

https://instagram.com/p/BSoDnEoAXvo/

To bad there is no sliding lens hood like on the R Summicron 90/2.

• Like 1

S = Silent Mode ? Electronic shutter mode, like the A9. That would be great.

When is the next firmware update due ?

I will probably rather wait for the SL 90. Or even better for a macro lens.

Does anybody know the min focus distance ?

Edited by caissa

I'll wait for the 90mm as well. The dimension of all three forthcoming primes (75,90,35) are about the same, as far as seen on published photos. But details will be published when the lenses arrive. The alternatives are for example the ART lenses of novoflex.

• Like 1

I'll wait for the 90mm as well. The dimension of all three forthcoming primes (75,90,35) are about the same, as far as seen on published photos. But details will be published when the lenses arrive. The alternatives are for example the ART lenses of novoflex.

mistake: "...ART lenses and novoflex. "

the ART lenses are made by sigma of course.

• 1 month later...

Any more news and rumours out there?

When will it be available and how much is it likely to cost?

Given the apparent difficulty of meeting demand for the SL 50mm (and the M10) I'm wondering if Leica have the capacity to meet their roadmap or timeline of lenses in people's hands.

I keep putting off buying the Summicron-M 75mm in case the SL version is reasonably priced and/or has any significant advantages (other then the obvious AF). Is it going to be worth the wait...? 

Any more news and rumours out there?

When will it be available and how much is it likely to cost?

Given the apparent difficulty of meeting demand for the SL 50mm (and the M10) I'm wondering if Leica have the capacity to meet their roadmap or timeline of lenses in people's hands.

I keep putting off buying the Summicron-M 75mm in case the SL version is reasonably priced and/or has any significant advantages (other then the obvious AF). Is it going to be worth the wait...? 

The advantages will be AF and weather sealing. The trade off will likely be size and weight.

Not just 'about the same'.... the 3 forthcoming Summicrons share the same outer lens barrel (as well as many internal components), according to Peter Karbe...

http://www.reddotforum.com/content/2016/09/setting-a-new-standard-with-leica-sl-lenses-a-discussion-with-peter-karbe-at-photokina-2016/

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S