Do i 'need' a leather grip on my m9

RvN

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My M9 is in Wetzlar for a new sensor. I just got a message that the existing grip/trim will have to be changed in a new black leather look grip.

But Leica offers also the opportunity to choose one of the real Leathers of the a la Carte options (for 100 euro if done right now)

My m9 is black and i want to keep it stealthy so I am not going to get red color but the also offer a black (and grey) leather.

I can only compare the grip of my M8.2 and M9M which are both not real leather i think.

Would a real leather be a nicer/better grip / functionality? Apart from the looks. Does the real leather offer a better grip?

Edited by RvN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And the next time they must open the camera,  you will need another new cover?

If it never needs opening,  then leather is not a good material long term.

So NO

The extra price is only if the OP wants to upgrade to an a la carte leather choice.  It seems that the M9 needs new leatherette covering in the event of a sensor change anyway, and the extra cost is incurred if upgrading to different leather.  I imagine that if the OP's M9 needs another sensor change (heaven forbid), reverting to the stock covering should not be an extra charge.