Has anyone tried the Noctilux on the Leica T?

I find the T even at the lowish prices they now are fetching used, a struggle, let alone the quantum leap to the cost of the Noct.

It becomes a75/85mm as well, which could be nice, but would look rather overbearing perhaps on the slip T body.

Let us know how it works though if you try it.

Gary

• Like 1

I find the T even at the lowish prices they now are fetching used, a struggle, let alone the quantum leap to the cost of the Noct.

It becomes a75/85mm as well, which could be nice, but would look rather overbearing perhaps on the slip T body.

Let us know how it works though if you try it.

Gary

Gary,

I had traded my old T (for a SL 601), but re-acquired one again. Awaiting its delivery. (And, expecting a quantum leap on the new TL when it finally is produced).  Congratulations on yours too.

I will give the noctilux a try, for sure.  As for looking overbearing, no doubt, but I don't think the noctilux is as big nor as bulky as the 35 1.4 TL.  I will post some shots sometime in the next week. Was just wondering whether anyone has tried the combination.

Rob

Sounds like there might be a need for T addiction relapse prevention...  ;)

Yes, I need to enroll in some sessions of  "T Addicts-Anonymus".  The support group on this forum was completely useless in curing my problem. I needed an intervention!  :)

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 1

Yes, I need to enroll in some sessions of  "T Addicts-Anonymus".  The support group on this forum was completely useless in curing my problem. I needed an intervention!  :)

You're not wrong there, this forum is very detrimental to the wallet.

Gary

• Like 2

tried the 0.95 version of noctilux, the image is sharp, great quality. For T user its a teaser of the 75 Noctilux perhaps?  :D  :D

Thanks for your note.

And, a reason not to buy the 75 f1.4 or f2 Lenses? 

So, I have answered my own question. I re-acquired a T and tried the noctilux with it. Spectacular images are indeed very possible. Nonetheless, the evf and ease of focus cannot be compared with the SL. Also, the SL provides a faster shutter speed so that use of a filter outdoors is not imperative, whereas with the T at 0.95 can blow out highlights. 

Definitely more laborious and certainly more misses, but the T can also render beautifully.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 11

So, I have answered my own question. I re-acquired a T and tried the noctilux with it. Spectacular images are indeed very possible. Nonetheless, the evf and ease of focus cannot be compared with the SL. Also, the SL provides a faster shutter speed so that use of a filter outdoors is not imperative, whereas with the T at 0.95 can blow out highlights. 

Definitely more laborious and certainly more misses, but the T can also render beautifully.

told you so! hahahaha. 

Leica T is a great piece of camera when the person who owns it knows how to use it.

• Like 1

More Noctilux w T experimentation

T w Noctilux

T with Noctilux

T with Noctilux

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't recommend going out and buying a Noctilux just for the T, but I have an old F1 version (Mandler design) for my M, and have used it on the T. Works fine! Renders beautifully. Think I posted some shots taken with it a couple years ago. It's a keeper.

Same thing with the R 80 1.4, which I just acquired. I like the way it handles on the T, and it renders quite nicely.

Rob