75mm Noctilux-M on the way

Jeff S

I really dont know what one could do with such shallow DOF? (Besides its probably unpossible to focus reliably on a M camera) [...]

Tom, it will not be measurably more difficult than using the 75mm f/1.4 Summilux which I believe is as difficult to focus as any of the Noctilux 50mm lenses.

What interests me the most is Karbe's design. I cannot stand most of his lenses for their terrible OOF. But who am I?

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

My modest guest : Leica improved the finder of M10 to accept this new 75mm with pride.

And I use my old Summilux 75mm (from 1983 ! ) with this improved finder with ease, then if not the Visoflex 020 can rescue if the ovf is not enough.

This one is with focus shift inside (by design) , but with LV or evf, problem solved:

look here : http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/233706-focus-shift-with-noctilux-summilux-e43-summilux-75/

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 1

When you are using the open lens focus shift doesn't touch you at all.

I do not think the difference to the old Summilux 75 isn't that much.

Well the open Noctilux shall have 11cm / 4.3 " within 3m / 10ft distance, the Summilux has in that distance wide open 14cm /5.5".

Not much of a difference.

I do have, use and love the Summilux...I think just the 2nd hand prices will rise with the appearing of the new Noctilux.

• Like 1

I am clearly very fortunate in having a number of REAL bodies to put behind all sorts of lenses; sometimes a lens is even attached to the bodies in question, and then the combination ascends in its reality.

As for the Noctilux; I'm not sure I'm ready for the price nor the weight/size. I'm quite happy with the f/2 and f/1.4 75's I have right now as they allow me to choose between outstanding technical quality and amazing portrait character. Focussing either has never been a problem for me and probably won't be for some years yet.

• Like 1

@Tom in #10: Quite easy with EVF, which is not so much of a hussle on an M10. Btw the APO90 and the 75lux are significantly easier to focus on an M10 than they are on an M9

• Like 1

What interests me the most is Karbe's design. I cannot stand most of his lenses for their terrible OOF. But who am I?

They are all OOW to me, out of weight, but who am I.