Using the Noctilux 50 at F1 on the streets, Video.

GLOBETROTTER

Great video, thanks for sharing!

Is that you in the video? I like your approach to people. (:

I did the video the person is John was on this forum before.

We have a very special way to approach to people, warm and close and it works.

Thanks for your comment.

• Like 3

Is that you in the video? I like your approach to people. (:

Consider that the photographer and subjects were being recorded which changes the event to be more friendly. Not a criticism. I enjoyed the flic.

Edited by pico
  • Like 4

I read it as a sign that the transaction was complete, didn't require any further action.

That's right, in Spain we also use that gesture to say it's perfect/amazing, so it meant he was happy with the photo.

For example, if you are really enjoying a meal you may do that gesture to show it.

• Like 2

I smiled the whole way through it :-)

He has such an easy and relaxed manner with people - very disarming.

Does the presence of the video camera positively influence how people respond?

I'll have to get my 1.0/50 Noctilux and Monochrome v1 out this weekend into the streets. I doubt I'll get the same reaction or photos as John.

• Like 4

I think the presence of the video camera makes a huge difference to the public's reaction. Instead of thinking "why does he want a picture of me?" they will think "they're making a film of this man taking pictures". The fact that there are two men involved will raise the odds on them not being intimidated. And, it makes it unlikely that the pictures are for the pleasure of a lone lunatic who will use them for masturbatory purposes.

On top of that, John oozes charm.

• Like 4

I think the presence of the video camera makes a huge difference to the public's reaction. Instead of thinking "why does he want a picture of me?" they will think "they're making a film of this man taking pictures". The fact that there are two men involved will raise the odds on them not being intimidated. And, it makes it unlikely that the pictures are for the pleasure of a lone lunatic who will use them for masturbatory purposes.

On top of that, John oozes charm.

Not at all......i was making the video with a small Sony A7R II and a 35mm prime lens.

I don't see any different reaction when i see him making shots and i am not filming.

• Like 7

Hi globetrotter,

I wish to be when doing street-portraiture as charming and successful as he is. Maybe you ask him if he could be writing with the same grace on the internet?

Kind saludos,

Simon

Hi globetrotter,

I wish to be when doing street-portraiture as charming and successful as he is. Maybe you ask him if he could be writing with the same grace on the internet?

Kind saludos,

Simon

:)  :)  is gonna be quite difficult for him to be precise and write with grace via Google translate......

Regards.

Jesus.