Netherlands meeting : 's Hertogenbosch.

Paulus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ok. I'm setting the date on 1 Juli. Most of us can this date or cannot attend at all. [/size]

I going to reserve place for us for the boat and dinner. 

Until now we have ( in new order because Lanetomlane wife definitely goes. )

1.Jaap

2. Simon ( Digital Heman )

3. Sandokan

4. Ianetomlane ,

5. and wife!

6. Farnz

7. Paulus

8. Alberti

9. Tahlay (EoinC's daughter)

10. Jannetje

11.Vanhulsenbeek ( Sander )

12. Maarten

13.tri ( Simon )

14.Ferdinand

15. Christoph

16. Veronique

17. Rob

18. Cor

19. Pperff

• Like 1

Please forgive me ... I'm afraid circumstances have intervened and I have a professional commitment on the 1st of July. By the looks of it i am going to miss out on a gezellige dag and wish you all a good meetup and for those unfamiliar with `s-Hertogenbosch bring lots of film, you're in for a treat.

Have fun everyone

Charles

What a shame, Charles, and I hope to meet you again another time.

Pete.

• Like 1

Please forgive me ... I'm afraid circumstances have intervened and I have a professional commitment on the 1st of July. By the looks of it i am going to miss out on a gezellige dag and wish you all a good meetup and for those unfamiliar with `s-Hertogenbosch bring lots of film, you're in for a treat.

Have fun everyone

Charles

Hi Charles,

Pity, good luck with your alternative appointment.

Rgds

C.

• Like 1

I hope to be able to join you next time.

I am leaving with the family on 1st July to the north Germany for my annual holidays.

Would really have liked to be with you but this time the family has priority....

Have fun!

John

• Like 1

Great idea! I'm in.

Ok. I'm setting the date on 1 Juli. Most of us can this date or cannot attend at all. [/size]

1.Jaap

3. Sandokan

4. Ianetomlane ,

5. and wife!

6. Farnz

7. Paulus

8. Alberti

10. Jannetje

12. Maarten

13.tri ( Simon )

14.Ferdinand

15. Christoph

16. Veronique

17. Rob

18. Cor

19. Pperff

20. Joeri.

Welcome! See you at 10:00 In " Het Bolwerk " !

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone,

Nice to see that Joeri will also participate. Yes!

Joeri is a real 'Leica Professional' who makes a living with this AND he gives very specific workshops for Leica photographers. I happened to have had 3 workshops from Joeri and one to go. I must say that it really gave me such a great insight in the specific Leica M techniques and also important basics which the professional photography-schools in Holland nowadays more and more seem to overlook. He also wrote a book: 'Work your Leica M'. If you follow the instructions in that book you become a real Leica M virtuose.

I'm very much looking forward to 1 juli and to meet everyone.

Best regards.

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Nice to see that Joeri will also participate. Yes!

Joeri is a real 'Leica Professional' who makes a living with this AND he gives very specific workshops for Leica photographers. I happened to have had 3 workshops from Joeri and one to go. I must say that it really gave me such a great insight in the specific Leica M techniques and also important basics which the professional photography-schools in Holland nowadays more and more seem to overlook. He also wrote a book: 'Work your Leica M'. If you follow the instructions in that book you become a real Leica M virtuose.

I'm very much looking forward to 1 juli and to meet everyone.

Best regards.

It almost sounds as if you'd get percentages ;)

C u next week,

C.

• Like 1

Paulus, on 21 Jun 2017 - 07:44, said:

snapback.png

1.Jaap

3. Sandokan

4. Ianetomlane , 

5. and wife!

6. Farnz

7. Paulus

8. Alberti

10. Jannetje

12. Maarten

13.tri ( Simon )

14.Ferdinand

15. Christoph

16. Veronique

17. Rob

18. Cor

19. Pperff

20. Joeri

21. Talitha

My wife likes to join in as well. I hope this is still possible. A bit late. We just came back from a holiday.

Albert

• Like 2

Paulus, 

To confirm for your planning and reservations:

• Please count me in right from the beginning.
  • Veronique will join us at Lunch.
  • We will both stay for the rest of the experience including dinner. 

Best regards,

Christoph

Ok  so if I understand well 21 persons for dinner and 20 persons for the Bolwerk coffee with Bossche Bol.  I begin to believe we are getting a fair amount of women and men.

Edited by Paulus
  • Like 1

Paulus, on 21 Jun 2017 - 07:44, said:

snapback.png

My wife likes to join in as well. I hope this is still possible. A bit late. We just came back from a holiday.

Albert

The boat might be a challenge; well see at the day , but dinner is reserved for 21 persons now with the promise that if 10 extra persons will come, there will be room ( because we'll have the whole restaurant! ) if I call them tomorrow , so if you are still lingering if you want to join us, decide quickly.  

Edited by Paulus
  • Like 1

I reserved an paid for a private boat [for 16] which takes us through the canals and partly under the houses of Den Bosch.

The tour starts at 18:00. ( Be 10 minutes early said the woman on the phone ) 

The tour is about 50 minutes and we embark and disembark in the vincinity of our Restaurant, where we are expected at 19:00.   The cost of the boat is € 150,- With 16 persons it will be: € 9,40 each. 

Hi Paulus,

Talitha will be fine loitering a bit from 18:00 under the aegis of St Christoffel who will guard her from rain,  till she will be expected in the restaurant.

albert

Hi Paulus,

Can't stay for dinner: I have an assignment in the evening. I'll have to leave just before the boat tour. Is that OK?

Everything is ok as long as we communicate.  :) So the boat/ dinner counter stays at 20. 

Hi Paulus,

Talitha will be fine loitering a bit from 18:00 under the aegis of St Christoffel who will guard her from rain,  till she will be expected in the restaurant.

albert

I'll keep her company. 

erratum: 15:00/17:00

And Christpher and the rest: The route we walk is quit a simple one. 

See the pictures:

https://pauljoostenfotograaf.smugmug.com/Street-Scenes/Den-Bosch-1/

10:00: Meet at " Het Bolwerk. " after showing our gear and having coffee and a " bossche bol " 

11:30 : Walk along the Dommel river and Walls of the city. ( photo 4 - 13 )

Along the way is a restaurant where can drink. 

13:00 : going to the left is another cafe/restaurant, where we might eat something. photo 14. 

13:45 Turn into the city where we see the Yellow building. photo 15. 

14:30 Walk the Hinthamerstraat until we stand in front of the Cathedral photo 16-20 

14:30 enter the churchdoor ( photo 21 ) and look around, of course without making pictures as a group.( ... ) 

15:00  Walk in the direction of the Ververstraat. or take a look at the Marktplein, there should be a house of Jeroen Bosch the famous painter, but I believed it recently collapsed. 

15:00 / 17:00  In the Ververstraat is the Noordbrabants museum of Den Bosch. We might take a peak there if we want. 

http://www.hetnoordbrabantsmuseum.nl/topmenu/english/

At 17:50 we'll arrive in the Molenstraat where the private boat is lying waiting for 16 persons ( we have to sacrifice some, or come with 32 persons ) phioto  3. 

we'll sail the underground canals and mote of the city. 

At 18:50 we'll arrive back at the Molenstraat. 

At 19:00 We'll arrive at Restaurant "Christoffel " where a three course dinner will be served for ( at this moment ) 20 persons.I can change it into 31  if nessesary. 

At 21:30 we can watch the sun go down in the Bossche Broek if you fancy it. photo : last two.

• Like 1

This is not a question directed to Paulus who has already done such a good job in arranging everything: since some of us will be around on Friday night are there any plans to meet up for a bite to eat somewhere in Den Bosch?  I expect to be arriving at just after 5pm and will be staying in the Golden Tulip near the centre so somewhere for a quick drink and something to eat at around 7 or 7.30 sounds like a nice idea.  

If anyone wants to keep in contact with me and doesn't already have my mobile number (which hasn't changed for 15 years or more) then please send me a PM and we can swap numbers.

If you'd like to be included in a WhatsApp group so we can all keep in touch over the weekend then please let me know and PM me your mobile number and I'll create a group and add you to it.

Pete.

• Like 3