Netherlands meeting : 's Hertogenbosch.

Paulus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1st July it is! I am now fairly certain to come, I will be returning from a week in Barcelona and will simply swap from a plane to a train when I get back home. 

Any recommendations for hotels to stay in? BestWestern? 

We're staying at the Best Western, in Friday night and out Sunday morning.

• Like 2

We're staying at the Best Western, in Friday night and out Sunday morning.

Booking.com had the hotel booked out and Golden Tulip hotel had better reviews so I booked there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't start me on booking.com reviews. I have been burnt once too often... ;)

If you really want a very nice hotel, then I can really recommend Hotel Oortjeshekken in the Ooijpolder near the Waal river. It's about a 60minute drive to Den Bosch ( near the German Border ) , if you come out of the direction of Germany, but it's a really wonderful place. In fact, I have been thinking to organise the next meeting there and shoot some nature scenes, you could walk the polder there the next day and they have a marvelous breakfast :

http://www.oortjeshekken.nl/hotel/

I shot some photos there a few years ago with the M9 and an 21mm Zeis biogon. ( Italian flag and all ) 

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For what it's worth I stayed in a Golden Tulip hotel in Breda for last year's meeting in Tilburg and it was very good.

Pete.

Have you booked anywhere yet?

@Jaapv - it was the negative reviews of Best Western that put me off, which is surprisimg as they are generally a good chain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you really want a very nice hotel, then I can really recommend Hotel Oortjeshekken in the Ooijpolder near the Waal river. It's about a 60minute drive to Den Bosch ( near the German Border ) , if you come out of the direction of Germany, but it's a really wonderful place. In fact, I have been thinking to organise the next meeting there and shoot some nature scenes, you could walk the polder there the next day and they have a marvelous breakfast :

http://www.oortjeshekken.nl/hotel/

I shot some photos there a few years ago with the M9 and an 21mm Zeis biogon. ( Italian flag and all ) 

forgot the photos:  https://pauljoostenfotograaf.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Nijmegen-Ooij-Persingen/n-zHbwq/

• Like 2

Today I have asked the Church board of the Cathedral permission to take pictures inside. They declined my request, because first of all it's a house of God and it's museum function is of a lower order. Of course we can walk inside the Cathedral and we can take pictures of the outside......

• Like 2

Today I have asked the Church board of the Cathedral permission to take pictures inside. They declined my request, because first of all it's a house of God and it's museum function is of a lower order. Of course we can walk inside the Cathedral and we can take pictures of the outside......

You mean @ St. Jan? As far as I recall there's no " no photo" sign, and many a tourist is taking pictures there any time I'm there, which is quite often ... I suppose they object to a programmed flock of photographers...

Rgds

Christoph

• Like 1

Amazing. I've got zillions of photographs of the inside of churches, and nobody ever objected.

You mean @ St. Jan? As far as I recall there's no " no photo" sign, and many a tourist is taking pictures there any time I'm there, which is quite often ... I suppose they object to a programmed flock of photographers...

Rgds

Christoph

All we like sheep....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cJPnmpojiQ

• Like 1

Amazing. I've got zillions of photographs of the inside of churches, and nobody ever objected.

Of course they did not. I have one used flash with a big Minolta 9000 in church in Paris. No problem. My fault for asking politely. 

• Like 1

Of course they did not. I have one used flash with a big Minolta 9000 in church in Paris. No problem. My fault for asking politely. 

I guess I might wander off from the group with my camera...;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I reserved an paid for a private boat which takes us through the canals and partly under the houses of Den Bosch.

The tour starts at 18:00. ( Be 10 minutes early said the woman on the phone ) 

The tour is about 50 minutes and we embark and disembark in the vincinity of our Restaurant, where we are expected at 19:00.   The cost of the boat is € 150,- With 16 persons it will be: € 9,40 each. 

• Like 4

I reserved an paid for a private boat which takes us through the canals and partly under the houses of Den Bosch.

The tour is about 50 minutes and we embark and disembark in the vincinity of our Restaurant, where we are expected at 19:00.   The cost of the boat is € 150,- With 16 persons it will be: € 9,40 each. 

I am soo sorry not to be you in Den Bosch.

We are having a wedding this weekend of a family member :-(

Have fun and I hope to join next year again

John

• Like 1

Thank you, Paul. Your efforts are appreciated.

• Like 1