MP New addition to 'wind on' leaver

Guest camera man

Guest camera man

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My camera is just back from Germany with a new addition to the 'wind on' leaver, a very small piece of transparent plastic just where your thumb winds the camera to the next frame. Is this just for the transportation of the camera while in transit, so the leaver does not damage the right hand side of the hot shoe and do I remove it, or is it a new Leica mod for day to day shooting? 

Guest camera man

My conclusion is, its just for in transit. But it does seem a good idea this small piece of plastic sleeve when your cameras are in the overhead locker on a flight.

• 2 weeks later...

My conclusion is, its just for in transit. But it does seem a good idea this small piece of plastic sleeve when your cameras are in the overhead locker on a flight.

Never trust anything that puts the kit out of sight. Nine hours from Denver to Frankfurt and my camera never left my neck. Easy peasy, although Lufthansa's food was delicious, and they really pushed the drinks.

Have to stay hydrated you know...

s-a