Price Increase S007

Guest VVJ

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't agree with that Jeff. I have both the SL and Soo7. I find the Soo7 sits perfectly in my hands and is so so easy to shoot hand held. I love my SL as well but once you've shot SooX there's no looking back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the S006 for a week... handheld in ideal light for best results, and limited at slower shutter speeds. S007 would be better, but still without the SL lens OIS, faster lenses, no mirror slap, and less demand on technique with lower MP and smaller sensor. For native zoom use, the SL is clearly superior for shooting flexibility.

The S VF is the big attraction for me, and IQ excels with proper technique. But I have additional priorities.... and don't need huge prints. YMMV.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I had the S006 for a week... handheld in ideal light for best results, and limited at slower shutter speeds. S007 would be better, but still without the SL's OIS, faster lenses, no mirror slap, and less demand on technique with lower MP and smaller sensor. For native zoom use, the SL is clearly superior.

The S VF is the big attraction for me, and IQ excels with proper technique. But I have additional priorities.... and don't need huge prints. YMMV.

Jeff

your talking about the inferior Soo6. Try the Soo7........ you will change your mind.

And No the SL is definitely not better than the Leica flagship Soo7.......... not even close

your talking about the inferior Soo6. Try the Soo7........ you will change your mind.

And No the SL is definitely not better than the Leica flagship Soo7.......... not even close

You missed my edit... better in terms of shooting flexibility. Our priorities differ.

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

You missed my edit... better in terms of shooting flexibility. Our priorities differ.

Jeff

if your talking about the ability to use multiple lenses via adapters yes it is ........but if your talking about better IQ or prints then your not.

Shooting the Soo7 hand held is a breazze with any of the S lenses, using the S as a walk about camera is not a breeze but neither is the SL.

If your looking for a walker then a Leica Q or any small compact camera with auto focus will get the job done stress free.

Enjoy your M10.......while waiting for the S008

if your talking about the ability to use multiple lenses via adapters yes it is ........but if your talking about better IQ or prints then your not.

Shooting the Soo7 hand held is a breazze with any of the S lenses, using the S as a walk about camera is not a breeze but neither is the SL.

If your looking for a walker then a Leica Q or any small compact camera with auto focus will get the job done stress free.

Enjoy your M10.......while waiting for the S008

Re- read... you missed all my points. Try this.... find a non - stabilized 90-280 zoom, put it on the S007 and shoot handheld at 1/60th. Report back. That's what I mean by shooting flexibility.

I hardly need you to school me on shooting options, having done this stuff since the early 70's, with more types of gear than you've ever considered.

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Re- read... you missed all my points. Try this.... find a non - stabilized 90-280 zoom, put it on the S007 and shoot handheld at 1/60th. Report back. That's what I mean by shooting flexibility.

I hardly need you to school me on shooting options, having done this stuff since the early 70's, with more types of gear than you've ever considered.

Jeff

well it seems like I obviously do need to school you..... if your looking for flexibility then get an iPhone 7plus with zoom. If your looking for IQ which most folks I know are then get an Soo7

well it seems like I obviously do need to school you..... if your looking for flexibility then get an iPhone 7plus with zoom. If your looking for IQ which most folks I know are then get an Soo7

Silly, especially coming from you, flitting from this to that every other month, typically without discipline and often without a clue about basics.

My style, needs, priorities and preferences are clear to me by now... the only one who matters.

And I have an iPhone, thanks.

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

If you insist.... buy one for me. I'll need some repaired lenses, too. Seems like it would make you feel good... and that's my mission.

Jeff

you can have mine once I pick up the new Soo8 in a few months time....... September :)

you can have mine once I pick up the new Soo8 in a few months time....... September :)

So CMOSIS has come out with a 80meg chip. Interesting.... not sure what kind of tech it will have? Let's hope it will be advance cause Sony already announce the 100meg 44x33 BSI sensor to be out for GFX and the like in 2018.

• Like 1

So CMOSIS has come out with a 80meg chip. Interesting.... not sure what kind of tech it will have? Let's hope it will be advance cause Sony already announce the 100meg 44x33 BSI sensor to be out for GFX and the like in 2018.

Are you sure it shall be a CMOSIS /AMS sensor?

There is a lot of contradicting information who design and manufacture Leica sensors.

I confirms what I said a few months back. There is a new Soo8 away to get released with 80, yes 80 megabytes

An 80 MP sensor - with the assumption that the physical size of the S-sensor remains 30x45mm - corresponds to a 64 MP FF (24x36mm) sensor. Without having the full overview of all FF sensors out there, this is certainly a high number. As a (primarily) SL-user, I wonder which implications this may have for the SL-system. If the 80 MP sensor sees the light, that is...

An 80 MP sensor - with the assumption that the physical size of the S-sensor remains 30x45mm - corresponds to a 64 MP FF (24x36mm) sensor. Without having the full overview of all FF sensors out there, this is certainly a high number. As a (primarily) SL-user, I wonder which implications this may have for the SL-system. If the 80 MP sensor sees the light, that is...

64? I would say 51 for 24*36