EVF image question on the TL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been using the EVF Type 020 on the TL.

I have noticed that in picture Review Mode, the EVF will Not turn on if the image being reviewed has first been enlarged on the LCD screen.

This seems odd as a scene in the EVF will Enlarge with Focus Aid turned on during Manual focusing, so that functions correctly.

Is there any way to turn the EVF on besides raising it to your eye, perhaps I am missing something or is the inability to review Enlarged Images and intended functionality, if anyone has experience with this?

how are you going to see the EVF if you dont raise it to your eye level?

enlarged images in my experience are not supported, maybe in the future.

Thanks, my question asks: Is there any "other" way to activate (activation setting button or such) the EVF, which is a curiosity. I asked because the EVF won't activate when viewing enlarged images on my system, so i thought perhaps while viewing the image on the Screen, the EVF could be "manually" turned on and might display the Enlarged View. I do realize you can't use it without lifting to your eye.

The advertising that I have read for the EVF says "All functions and info displayed on camera's LCD can be seen"  ...so this made me curious why it doesn't Support viewing Enlarged pictures.

The only moment where you can see an enlarged version of your picture in the EVF is during auto review. You need to set auto review to zoom mode for this. Quite useful for checking focus and absence of camera shake.

Jean-Pierre

• Like 1

The only moment where you can see an enlarged version of your picture in the EVF is during auto review. You need to set auto review to zoom mode for this. Quite useful for checking focus and absence of camera shake.

Jean-Pierre

Hello. I appreciate the reply.

Where is this Auto Review / Zoom feature setup if you know. I have installed the EVF and looked over all Menu's, i don't see any options to set up the review other than the Duration times.

I am running the latest Firmware and have the fixed focal 23mm lens.

It's in the main menu and labeled "auto review". "Zoom" is the very last option on the list.

It may not be included in your customized menu list - so you may have to look at the complete list (the ikon with a tool I think)

Edited by Guest

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's in the main menu and labeled "auto review". "Zoom" is the very last option on the list.

It may not be included in your customized menu list - so you may have to look at the complete list (the ikon with a tool I think)

Thank You - i hadn't found it until now, i appreciate the help. Perhaps in a future firmware upgrade they might allow the Zoom feature to be used for "longer" EVF review usage.