Love M10 Colors but I have behavior !

GabrielIndalecio

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Love M10 Colors but hate behavior. !!  I really love how the camera render colors but don’t like how it has behaved. After 30 minutes continuous hooting, the M10 body temperature was very high and shooting on continuous mode start frozen the camera (this remind me the old days with the M240 not solved after 2-3 firmware updates). Only option to get camera back was to remove the battery .. through the Cirque performance event, at least 6 times I had to remove the battery. Setup was Continuous mode, DNG+JPG and LV only on EVF no display pictures. Anyone experiencing same problems ?

[...] it is about the M10. After 30 minutes continuous hooting, the M10 body temperature was very high and shooting on continuous mode start frozen the camera

Cure: Don't do that. Get some version of Nikon for that kind of stuff.

What the heck were you shooting to require such haste?

Edited by pico

Funny, but I just ran an SD speed test on a SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MB/second on my 16 year-old Macintosh Air. Damn, is this computer's SD slot crippled? 14MB/second is all I could get - from a computer, and I should expect more from my Leica? YES!

http://www.digoliardi.net/speed-test-sd-card-pathetic.jpg

Gotta update something soon.

Edited by pico

Before someone tell a joke that I confused the M10 with my Nikon D3, continuous mean that the camera was on (w/o turning off) for ~ 4 ½ hours , take total of 700 pictures with Drive mode as “continuous” but does not mean that my finger was left forgotten shooting continuously. Total of batteries used was one and half.

After first hour on – the camera body temperature was very high and everything start to froze. So I thing that when the camera reach certain temperature, either the software hold some components on or the tolerance for high temperatures is low...

And yes I always format the SD Card with SDformatter.

• Like 1

Before someone tell a joke that I confused the M10 with my Nikon D3, continuous mean that the camera was on (w/o turning off) for ~ 4 ½ hours , take total of 700 pictures with Drive mode as “continuous” but does not mean that my finger was left forgotten shooting continuously. Total of batteries used was one and half.

Did you have live view on continuously? Or the external viewfinder? 

Edit: re-read now clear...

Live-view is the culprit... if ambient temperature is high live-view can make the camera overheat...

If ambient temperature wasn't high, it's really bad of the Leica to overheat, means too little heat dissipation.

Edited by jip

I will never have such an issue. I use my M for M style photography, which is shooting consciously, not to be confused with continuously.

They may even have been aware at Leica that the M and M10 have their boundaries here and may have chosen deliberately not to deliver for customers who want to shoot random and throw away at home what didn't work out

Edited by otto.f

I will never have such an issue. I use my M for M style photography, which is shooting consciously, not to be confused with continuously.

They may even have been aware at Leica that the M and M10 have their boundaries here and may have chosen deliberately not to deliver for customers who want to shoot random and throw away at home what didn't work out

The "continuous" mode should be called "conscious" then. Would fit well with Das Wesentliche ;).

Hard to find the boundaries you're referring to in the M10 specs though if i may object.

Excerpt of the M10 instructions manual below:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

There is a bug with continuous and EVF:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/268492-m10-fw-requestsbug-reports/?p=3216985

I wonder if this issue is related? Hopefully it will be addressed in the next FW update.

Are you shooting DNG only?

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/269358-camera-crash-with-visoflex-continuous-mode/?do=findComment&comment=3212371

Funny, but I just ran an SD speed test on a SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MB/second on my 16 year-old Macintosh Air. Damn, is this computer's SD slot crippled? 14MB/second is all I could get - from a computer, and I should expect more from my Leica? YES!

http://www.digoliardi.net/speed-test-sd-card-pathetic.jpg

Gotta update something soon.

16 years old? are you sure its not a typewriter :)

Im getting decent speeds on the new MBPro with USB3.1 and external SanDisk reader using my Lexar UDHII 300MB/s cards

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!