Chances of finding a Leica Safari m240?

w44neg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Recently, with my interest in Leica again, I've found I really love my m240. I really do, but when the Safari kit came out, I didn't have the funds to go ahead with one. Things are different now and I've seen a used one in the USA, but with taxes, this will make it way dearer than I want to pay, and indeed way dearer than they were new here originally.

Is there any likelihood of finding this kit new in a store anywhere, or will I have to go down the used route? I'm guessing the latter but none of the UK stores have such a thing.

I know this camera would be a true keeper, so finding one unused would be even more special.

Thanks yes that's the one I've found but it's 20% import plus handling fees. The handling isn't usually too much but it all adds up.

It's a buyer's market the other way right now. So if you found a camera here in the UK it would work out a great deal for you. Rolex watches are selling like crazy here to the point where my AD has had to centralise it's list so they can stop so many watches being bought from other countries and sold on for profit.

• Like 1

Very beautiful! Is the Summicron a black one, or a chrome one?

The pictures differ.

I have 2 M-P 240's, and I enjoy them immensely 

In any event ....... enjoy it !

The silver is the Summicron 35 and the black is the Summicron 50...

Yes, this is correct, thanks. The 50mm is a black vintage version IV whereas the lens that came with the camera is a 35mm ASPH.

Ok. Congrats on getting the proper set. I love the way it looks.

I wish they would make an M-P 240 in hammertone. ...... at an understandable price point.

Yes that would be nice. No doubt there'll be M10 kits such as this down the line.

I've grown fond of the same trump of odd safari version. It makes me want to wait for the safari m10. Just as well, as getting an m10 this soon isn't practical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If there is an M10 Safari, it will be tempting for me as well, but I bought the MP240 Safari as a keeper, and after using it all last week, there's really very little any other camera out there could offer for me. I like the option of video even if I will use it little, the battery life was simply amazing and I prefer the size of the body personally.

In regards to the battery, the store managed to charge the battery only to 20% whilst I waited at the time of purchasing. That 20% allowed around 200 photos and took me in to the next day easily allowing me to shoot all the photos I needed until I could charge it (this was 80% using the EVF as well). I have no experience of the M10 other than brief usage in a store but I hope they managed to keep such incredible power usage with it.

Edited by w44neg

If there is an M10 Safari, it will be tempting for me as well, but I bought the MP240 Safari as a keeper, and after using it all last week, there's really very little any other camera out there could offer for me. I like the option of video even if I will use it little, the battery life was simply amazing and I prefer the size of the body personally.

In regards to the battery, the store managed to charge the battery only to 20% whilst I waited at the time of purchasing. That 20% allowed around 200 photos and took me in to the next day easily allowing me to shoot all the photos I needed until I could charge it (this was 80% using the EVF as well). I have no experience of the M10 other than brief usage in a store but I hope they managed to keep such incredible power usage with it.

I agree. I've no plans to get rid of my safari. The m10 is quite nice and the higher ISO is good. But it would a few years and the safari color to entice me. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk