M8 now supported by Apple (merged thread) with DMR chatter too ...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And as for sausages, I make them, lot's of them. But it's a little difficult to stop cooking them at a moments notice. Have a peek Gallery

Man, this place gets more interesting every day... and now I've seen that gallery, I realise there's potential for a LOT of RAW jokes... you truly are a one-man RAW production area!

;-)

Tim

ps Lightroom crashed my Mac today for the first time ever and guess what, I had just installed the new OS update with M8 support. Looks like they might want to steer me towards Aperture?

:-(

Olof,

You asked, first is C1 with Andy's file auto adjustment exported for web

Second is Aperture Auto levels with Auto RGB and exported for web

Neither shot was white balanced. This is still very much WIP

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Stop cooking and get hacking

:)

You've done a great job, so far.

You almost made me spit out my sandwich with that quip! :)

But seriously, I gave up on Aperture long ago and frankly speaking nothing beats C1 for DMR files, so why bother...

Cheers,

10.4.10 works fine for my M8, but I made the mistake of telling my wife and she wants it to work for the RAW files from her V-Lux 1. It doesn't, at least not as they come. I have tried the Adobe DNG convertor with various settings and haven't got that to work either. Oh well, can't win them all.

Chris

Chris, as they say "ask and you shall receive", send me a link to or email me a V-Lux-1 raw file and a full size jpeg which has been processed to give the most true to life rendition of the image and I'll see if I can make it work for you.:cool:

Olof,

You asked, first is C1 with Andy's file auto adjustment exported for web

Second is Aperture Auto levels with Auto RGB and exported for web

Neither shot was white balanced. This is still very much WIP

You are getting there, Eoin.

Thanks very much for your efforts on this.

...frankly speaking nothing beats C1 for DMR files, so why bother...

I really can't understand how you can make such a comment, Aperture has never been able until now to even process a DMR file, so frankly speaking your talking through your hat:D. And as to why bother, someone asked a long time ago and only now with the OSX update are DNGs supported by the core image framework so I'm just helping out here.

Anyway, Andy I have no idea what the image should look like, the Jpeg you posted has tons of contrast. Can you post a more true to life version as to how you think it looked.

Here is your original Jpeg then a C1 version with R8 profile bringing in the ends of the histogram and white bal of 5600, the Aperture version(3rd) is more or less the same, bringing in the ends of the histogram and setting white bal to 5600.

And the final one is with a touch of contrast and brightness through Aperture

Pretty close if I may say so my self,

The one I posted at the weekend, processed via Lightroom, was this one:-

Not the same shot, but probably the previous frame. This one is pretty close.

It seems to me that there's still a bit too much blue in the Aperture output at the moment, but to have got this far ir brilliant.

Maybe we need to work with referenced colour charts, instead of Scottish lochs...?

Andy, I have no Idea what pre-sets your using in Lightroom, here is your file just brought through lightroom and exported for web, Looks nothing like your lighroom output

I really can't understand how you can make such a comment, Aperture has never been able until now to even process a DMR file, so frankly speaking your talking through your hat:D. And as to why bother, someone asked a long time ago and only now with the OSX update are DNGs supported by the core image framework so I'm just helping out here.

Wrong. First of all I was talking to Andy, I was not even commenting on your efforts. Second, NOTHING beats C1 with respect to DMR files, I and several others carried out extensive testing on this topic. BTW I own a DMR. Talking through my hat is not something I do.

Cheers,

Conrad, you say nothing beats C1, answer me this have you process a DMR file in aperture, I suspect your answer is no, there for I don't understand how you can dismiss aperture out of hand when you have not been able to try it to date. Very easy to dismiss something when you've never tried it:)