M8 now supported by Apple (merged thread) with DMR chatter too ...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am getting some nasty highlight blow-outs on some shots though.

I don't know enough about the coding above to know what helps and what doesn't.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm!....interesting,:confused: I saw that with the Iris photo and thought it might have been a firmware issue, i.e. settings or exif tags differ between DMR firmwares. I presume this image with blown highlights is from the latter firmware?.

Does this happen on all images where there are blown highlights?. And all images with the latest(old now) firmware. You can try to adjust the max and white values in the plist form 4000 to 16252 and see how you get on. Just be sure to edit them in the lower window of PlistEditPro by clicking the value between the <real> and </real> keys. Changing the values in the upper window will convert these values to integer values which will not work.

I wouldn't mind a copy of the file your having the issues with, I'm sure the other 10 people who downloaded your last file could add it to their collection as well:D

This isn't on every shot, but it's more prevalent with the latest adjustments. (Serves me right for not making a backup of the incremental raw.plist files ;)

I will have a play with the values later, or tomorrow, when I get a chance.

http://www.andybarton.com/L1000033.DNG

I am getting some nasty highlight blow-outs on some shots though.

I don't know enough about the coding above to know what helps and what doesn't.

hi both

very exciting work with aperture

I have seen those blown psychedelic highlights before -- with raw (3fr) files from my hasselblad cfv, converted with flexcolor to dng. any flexcolor-made dngs with any blown highlights do this when opened with camera raw, raw developer, etc. dng convertor doesn't help. I think imacon developed the software side of the dmr, didn't they? so maybe the problem is linked.

dave

Highly likely, by the looks of it, Rob.

As with the previous M8 hack, it will take a lot of work to get the settings right. Eoin's done a great job so far, though. It works very well, unless you've blown the highlights.

I'm happy to make my copy of the raw.plist file available to anyone who wants to avoid the bother of fiddling with it themselves.

• 3 weeks later...