My M7 is acting funny

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A we all know, when you turn on the M7 the first thing you see is the ISO of you film setting. I always set my ISO manually so I can push or pull according to light conditions. Then when I turned on the meter I would see 200 or 800 ISO.  Now it only shows the ISO of the film canister (400) no matter where I place the wheel on the back of the body. How did that happen? How do I "turn off" the DX reader? It is not set to DX.

If you set the film manually the ISO for the DX set  should flash for 2 seconds then indicate  the exp. setting. If set to DX the ISO will show steady for 2 seconds and then give exp. setting. See the instruction manual.

If you set the film manually the ISO for the DX set  should flash for 2 seconds then indicate  the exp. setting. If set to DX the ISO will show steady for 2 seconds and then give exp. setting. See the instruction manual.

Further to my post (which was rather hurried) I don't think your M7 is "acting funny". If you use a DX coded film the viewfinder display will always show the speed detected. It will be steady if the ISO dial is set to DX and will flash if set to any other setting (it will also be steady if you set the film speed to the same rating as the DX code, i.e. 200 for 200). After 2 seconds the display will show the shutter speed if the shutter speed dial is set to "A" or the dot and arrows if set to a set speed. Look at page 81 of the instruction book which explains it fully. The only time the viewfinder display should show your set film speed is with a non DX coded film.

• Like 2

Further to my post (which was rather hurried) I don't think your M7 is "acting funny". If you use a DX coded film the viewfinder display will always show the speed detected. It will be steady if the ISO dial is set to DX and will flash if set to any other setting (it will also be steady if you set the film speed to the same rating as the DX code, i.e. 200 for 200). After 2 seconds the display will show the shutter speed if the shutter speed dial is set to "A" or the dot and arrows if set to a set speed. Look at page 81 of the instruction book which explains it fully. The only time the viewfinder display should show your set film speed is with a non DX coded film.

Yep sure enough, you are 100% correct. All is good.