AF Drive Problems Leica S Lenses: Official Statement by Leica

LUF Admin

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2020 at 7:59 PM, Stuart Richardson said:

I hope they can help. I went with mine in person (I was in Germany already), and they treated me very kindly. They did the adjustment work for free while I waited. The lens I received back was better, but still not perfect. Looking that the MTF, I am confident that the issue is more inherent in the design than in the quality of construction. This was early days, however. Perhaps they have cracked it. If so, please let me know, as I may return it to them again.

Today I received my 30-90mm back from Wetzlar as I had sent it in for adjustment. It took 7 weeks in total but it's now pretty much PERFECT right up to the corners. Every focal length seems equally impressive. I'll test it further over the weekend but it's now the lens that I always knew and hoped that it would be.

As an aside, on the Customs paperwork Leica put its value down as EUR 2,250. I wonder if that's how much they actually cost to manufacture..? 

• Like 8