My M9 is coming home!

Robert M Poole

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After about 6 weeks my M9 is back home from getting a new sensor. After constant mithering (local word) David at Leica Manchester picked up my M9 from Wetzler when he was there and brought it back. My wife is collecting it for me from the store tomorrow. I'm feeling quite emotional!

• Like 2

Now that's what I call an understanding wife. Mine draws the line way before trips to camera shops. The cameras do come back from Wetzlar in top-ho spiffing form, was my experience, and as England stumbles into the bright light M9 weather I hope you have a great time with it.

• Like 2

Now that's what I call an understanding wife. Mine draws the line way before trips to camera shops. The cameras do come back from Wetzlar in top-ho spiffing form, was my experience, and as England stumbles into the bright light M9 weather I hope you have a great time with it.

ps I have taken to taking pictures of the sky with the new sensor, just because I can.

• Like 1

She doesn't mind as I won't be there to spend ages gazing at gear! I'm happy as I go to Spain on the 12th April and was concerned it wouldn't be back in time! 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Such a different repair dynamic compared to the US, I drive to their center in NJ, talk to the women in the office and sometime s head tech (all really nice people) its work on there. Obviously sometimes they need to wait for parts, and sometimes there is a backlog. Once done, I can pick it up or they will mail it to me. Wetzler is never in the conversation.

OH, and BTW, my wife would never drive to drop off or pick up -- one of those tasks I wouldn't even ask about :-)

Such a different repair dynamic compared to the US, I drive to their center in NJ, talk to the women in the office and sometime s head tech (all really nice people) its work on there. Obviously sometimes they need to wait for parts, and sometimes there is a backlog. Once done, I can pick it up or they will mail it to me. Wetzler is never in the conversation.

OH, and BTW, my wife would never drive to drop off or pick up -- one of those tasks I wouldn't even ask about :-)

Apparently if you are in Germany you can book in a slot for repair, here I dropped it off at the store who handled all the logistics. A courier took it to Wetzler who had it the next day. Then it is in a queue to be repaired (FOC as it was a new sensor due to a line of dead pixels). Normally I would have had to wait for it to be couriered back but as I say David was over there anyway and sorted it out. Excellent customer service. My wife is meeting a friend in Manchester anyway tomorrow so not making a special trip, she even offered! The guys at the store there are fantastic and always remember us and make a fuss out of her and my baby son.  

• Like 2

Since I am in London until the end of April, may I should go up to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely recommend heading up North. There are some nice cities, Manchester, Liverpool and then of course there is the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District, Peak District. 

<<I would definitely recommend heading up North. There are some nice cities, Manchester, Liverpool and then of course there is the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District, Peak District.>>

Also people will know what you mean if you say 'mithering.' I thought I had a pretty good English vocab but the first time someone said it to me in Yorkshire I wondered what they meant. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Apparently if you are in Germany you can book in a slot for repair, here I dropped it off at the store who handled all the logistics. A courier took it to Wetzler who had it the next day. Then it is in a queue to be repaired (FOC as it was a new sensor due to a line of dead pixels). Normally I would have had to wait for it to be couriered back but as I say David was over there anyway and sorted it out. Excellent customer service. My wife is meeting a friend in Manchester anyway tomorrow so not making a special trip, she even offered! The guys at the store there are fantastic and always remember us and make a fuss out of her and my baby son.

Call me cynical..but I bet the shop wants your baby son's name to be first on the waiting list for the M26.. :-)

• Like 1

Call me cynical..but I bet the shop wants your baby son's name to be first on the waiting list for the M26.. :-)

You aren't far wrong. We were in before Christmas and my wife almost walked out with a Sofort. In fact she would have done up they'd had the mint one in.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

You aren't far wrong. We were in before Christmas and my wife almost walked out with a Sofort. In fact she would have done up they'd had the mint one in.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Mint? COOL! (see what I did there?) M9, Sofort and M26 - what more could a family ask for? :-)

• Like 1

Lucky you.  I'm in LA - sent my M9 in for sensor replacement on January 19 and just got the receipt notification from Leica. I assume that means they're actually going to start work on it.

A bit frustrating, to say the least.

Wow, really? Thats brutal.. and weird.

I sent mine out around March 2nd, and got confirmation of receipt on March 9th. Shipped from Canada. Estimate for repairs etc provided on March 21st.