Differences Pradovit 2500 vs 2502?

ironringer

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Could the knowledgeable Pradovit slide projector users inform us what are the differences between Pradovit 2500 and 2502 models?

Do they both have multiple voltage selection, for changing between European and North American power sources?

And, are these models among the best Leitz slide projectors? Are there any superior models in terms of reliability, even brightness corner-to-corner, and quiet operation?

I do not know the subtler differences, but I have used a Pradovit C2500 for many years. It is built like a battleship, does have an audible fan, clicks when changing slides, but no more sound than other projectors. Even illumination and no overheating of the slides.

Years ago I had trouble with the rapid-change mechanism: mix of cardboard and glass-framed slides getting stuck. The Leitz rep. fixed it. No trouble after that.

There is a book on Leitz projectors and probably lots of info if querying the net.

p.

The main difference is the CA2502 can be used with LKM and Standard slide holders with a flip of a switch.

The CA 2500 only use Standard magazin.

I used one CA2500 for tens of years and it was replaced with CA2502 since available.

I don't know for CA2500 but CA2502 can be used with 110V-240V 50Hz or 60Hz.

This old CA2500 developed the fancy blocking of changing machanism, when hot, so replaced because not repairable.

Not the quietest, but the brillance and accurate colors of projected Kodachrome/Velvia for me can not be bettered.