Any one else's M10 RF out on delivery?

FlashGordonPhotography

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Got my M10 a couple of weeks ago and immediately noticed that the vertical alignment was ever so slightly out. I thought Leica may have eradicated RF alignment issues for delivery but apparently not.

Thankfully Leica has stayed with the 2mm allen key adjustment under the red dot so this morning it took all of five minutes to adjust. Thankfully horizontal is absolutely perfect out of the box.

Got to say that although I don't *see* a big difference in the RF from the M240 there certainly is. Every lens I own that's difficult to focus on the M-P is a doodle on the M10. Noctilux. Easy. 135 APO. Easy. What a joy. My M-P is perfectly calibrated after a recent service and with *normal* lenses I have no focus problems. But the M10 just seems better with the lenses that were a PITA on the M-P.

Gordon

• Like 1

were you able to salvage the glue on the dot or did you have to replace it?

I noticed that if you look thru the viewfinder at even the slightest angle the alignment is off...as long as you look thru straight on its right on.

I never noticed this on previous M's

No problems with the glue on the dot. Rotate the dot gently with finger pressure and then carefully remove with the smallest blade jewelers screwdriver you have. I think the heat from your finger helps loosen the glue a bit because after just holding for a few seconds the dot moves reasonably easily. Be careful not to scratch the dot. It scratches easily, although I got mine off and on with no damage.

Adjusting the allen key (looking from the front) clockwise moves the RF alignment up. counterclockwise is down. Only tiny amounts are needed but it's quite easy to do.

Mine was better looking straight on but never quite right, even then. After adjustment it doesn't matter. Perfectly aligns at most angles.

Gordon

No problems with the glue on the dot. Rotate the dot gently with finger pressure and then carefully remove with the smallest blade jewelers screwdriver you have. I think the heat from your finger helps loosen the glue a bit because after just holding for a few seconds the dot moves reasonably easily. Be careful not to scratch the dot. It scratches easily, although I got mine off and on with no damage.

Adjusting the allen key (looking from the front) clockwise moves the RF alignment up. counterclockwise is down. Only tiny amounts are needed but it's quite easy to do.

Mine was better looking straight on but never quite right, even then. After adjustment it doesn't matter. Perfectly aligns at most angles.

Gordon

Hmmm...mine may be just slightly off then. If it is, its very tiny amount.

Seems odd that several people have reported this...looks like Leica needs to do some training on the QC line.

It is interesting when I asked how could this be so, I was actually informed by the technician it is within tolerances.

Hmmm...mine may be just slightly off then. If it is, its very tiny amount.

Seems odd that several people have reported this...looks like Leica needs to do some training on the QC line.

Mine was spot on. I'd be reluctant to fiddle with such a newly purchased camera though. May as well send back in and let Leica deal with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately here that's at least three weeks, IF Leica don't want the new model sent back to Germany. Then it's 12 weeks.

versus 5 minutes on my kitchen table..........

Gordon

p.s. I'd alredy done this on my M's before so I know what to do and what's involved.