My other camera is a (fill in blank)

Leica T system with M adapter, 11-23mm and 55-135mm lenses.  Leica provides for system compatibility with M adapter, the T becomes a second body to back up my M240 but more importantly (to me) it is an autofocus camera with phenomenal lenses and image quality.  Future proof with SL compatibility for the lenses, albeit a cropped sensor that is currently 10mp.  

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing! Enjoy reading people's set up and more so the logic in the arrangement.

The gears are still turning in my head as to what I will eventually pursue.

The purpose will be more capability or where the 240 lacks. I think what I want is a compact/auto features/ focal length diversity/built in evf/ lazy person's 240... if that makes sense. Helps me to type that out as I figure it out.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For my work, this combination which, I have had for sometime, is excellent.  I have a M-P 240 with three lenses and a Nikon D8100 DSLR and several prime and zoom lenses.  The Nikon is a great camera and does much of what the Leica does not do and does not do much of what the Leica does well.  While my camera of choice is always the Leica, it is good to know that the Nikon is there should I need it.

• Like 1

For my work, this combination which, I have had for sometime, is excellent.  I have a M-P 240 with three lenses and a Nikon D8100 DSLR and several prime and zoom lenses.  The Nikon is a great camera and does much of what the Leica does not do and does not do much of what the Leica does well.  While my camera of choice is always the Leica, it is good to know that the Nikon is there should I need it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Canon 600D with a very nice wide zoom and a 100mm macro, covering things i can't do easily with the M-D.

Sigma DP2 Merrill for the shear epic sharpness (accurate but slow autofocus and unusable beyond 100 ISO but within its sweet spot a quite incredible camera).

Norita for medium format analogue goodness.  Big, cumbersome, but glorious results at f/2.  Stick a dark red filter on it ...

My little "goes everywhere with me" Sony RX1004 is a magic camera. I couldn't dream of hand holding my M240 with a 75mm (equiv) at 1/13th second as with this shot. This restaurant was so dark I needed the illumination from my iPhone to read the menu.

32217095971_5f65c09eb5_o.jpg

• Like 2

My little "goes everywhere with me" Sony RX1004 is a magic camera. I couldn't dream of hand holding my M240 with a 75mm (equiv) at 1/13th second as with this shot. This restaurant was so dark I needed the illumination from my iPhone to read the menu.

32217095971_5f65c09eb5_o.jpg

Super impressive!

• Like 1

I choose from a Leica M w/75mm lens, Leica Q, and Canon 7D with either a 24-70 or 70-200 lens.   I typically have two with me.   Plus my phone.  And maybe a cheap Panny P&S for on the go shots on my Motorcycle.  And a GoPro.   Usually I take the Q and the M, but sometimes I know I'm going to need the SLR and bring the 7D, instead of the M.

I've several film Nikons, including the FTn I took into Cambodia in '70.  These days, though, I'll have my Nikon Df close by with a couple of zoom lenses.  On a recent motorcycle trip from NC to CA, I had the Df with an 18mm-200mm, an M-P with 28mm, 50mm and a 90mm.  During the three week trip, the Nikon never came out of the case.

Mike