Leica 5370: a Leica TL with an integrated viewfinder to be announced in 2017?

Normally in circumstances where you need flash, it is not to bright and one can use the display to compose the picture. The EVF take place in all other situations and you don't use a flash. That is the result of Leica's decision. It might be the reason, that the more powerful TL2 needs more space inside the body, which even is 5mm higher than before.

But honestly I think the 2 leaked pictures are "fake news", thinking it's the old T/TL. All the edges and corners, distances to the topplate look the same for me.

Tomorrow we will know the whole truth.

i am still interested in it, but before I decide I need to take it in my fingers and play and handle with it. The concept of using it is very very different. Can I like to work with it? How fast will be changing of some settings like speed or EV, ISO, Flash exposure etc etc Will the settings remain the same when I off the camera and on again later?

the self timer in the X2 has to be activated after every shot, what I never liked.

you mean this update ? >

• Very similar to the T and TL design
  • No EVF
  • Very fast everything
  • The TL2 will most likely not have an EVF
  • New 24MP sensor
  • No flash
  • Max ISO: 50,000
  • 4K video
  • New customizable interface with more selections and options
  • The edges of the body are now smoother compared to the T and TL
  • The official announcement will be on or around July 10th
  • The Leica TL2 will use the same Visoflex as the M10
  • The CNC machining of the camera is slightly modified from the T/TL as the edges are chamfered to reduce the "normal-angle" sharp edging of the previous models. This chamfering stops about half an inch short of the hot-shoe from both sides.
  • Leica may announce a new lens for TL system
  • Price: around 2,000 EUR/USD/GBP

Had Leica added a built in EVF, that alone would have been worth the price of admission for me. 

Faster is good, sure. And nice that they were able to modify the CNC program to round the edges a little more. Sadly, the pace of innovation seems glacial. I think the market would welcome more, and faster.

American culture at its best...  :) Glad you had the little flash...  ;)

It made me vomit. But considering that a century ago one had to travel all the way to unexplored parts of the world, to seek lost and uncivilised tribes engaged in pagan idolatry and self-mutilation to take such pictures, and today one has to travel only to Key West ... 

• Like 1

It made me vomit. But considering that a century ago one had to travel all the way to unexplored parts of the world, to seek lost and uncivilised tribes engaged in pagan idolatry and self-mutilation to take such pictures, and today one has to travel only to Key West ... 

Unbelievable isn't it how backward we are going......

>>How fast will be changing of some settings like speed or EV, ISO, Flash exposure etc etc Will the settings remain the same when I off the camera <<

If the responsiveness of the rear screen approaches an iPhone more that it does and cancels out when The Eye is brought close to the EVF, that and 24MP with good image quality will make a big difference. I know what Louis says about the flash is valid but I didn't use it much. I obviously don't visit the fascinating places he does and I probably wouldn't have the courage for such up-close work if I did :-)

This seems to be aimed at a young (or young at heart) demographic. What it really needs is wireless internet connectivity in the device itself to avoid having to go through another device to share photos with friends on Facebook etc. Huawei would have the know how to do that. I am surprised that Leica have not gone down that road. 

As a traditional camera user, the camera is not for me, but it should be more clearly aimed at what the younger market would want to do with a camera. 

William

If I wasn't already satisfied with my current old original Ts, or looking to buy one for the first time, I would buy the new TL2. So let's not totally trash it. In time I may pick one up on the secondary market. Even without the flash and built in EVF, it's a terrific camera.

• Like 1

If I wasn't already satisfied with my current old original Ts, or looking to buy one for the first time, I would buy the new TL2. So let's not totally trash it. In time I may pick one up on the secondary market. Even without the flash and built in EVF, it's a terrific camera.

I am not trashing it and if the IQ has improved, I may even upgrade my T. But I am quite disappointed with the up come. If you are using Visoflex and manual lenses, that little flash is very useful for instance for back light, etc ...

Well, I'm really quite disappointed: -

1. Still no bulb setting, for me it is really an important feature.

2. Removal of the flash, a very useful built-in feature for fill in.

3. No integrated Viewfinder

4. Do we really need ISO 50,000

5. The only reason they upgraded to 24MP was because of Sony dropping the 16MP

With Firmware 6.1 the speed meets all my needs, so can't really see the need for greater.

Leica need to grasp that the public need a full frame M sized camera with AF and interchangeable lenses, if only they had made the new TL a sister to the M but with AF then I would have switched without hesitation.

How long will we have to wait until Leica Listens to his customers?

• Like 2

Well, I'm really quite disappointed: -

1. Still no bulb setting, for me it is really an important feature.

2. Removal of the flash, a very useful built-in feature for fill in.

3. No integrated Viewfinder

4. Do we really need ISO 50,000

5. The only reason they upgraded to 24MP was because of Sony dropping the 16MP

With Firmware 6.1 the speed meets all my needs, so can't really see the need for greater.

Leica need to grasp that the public need a full frame M sized camera with AF and interchangeable lenses, if only they had made the new TL a sister to the M but with AF then I would have switched without hesitation.

How long will we have to wait until Leica Listens to his customers?

+2

I absolutely agree with everything you said.... So now, no indoor photos with MF lenses!... I hate using a camera without a view finder, holding it in front of me (if I use the hot shoe for a flash!); and, I really don't care about ISO 50 000 either!.... 

I really hope the IQ is much improved!... This would be the only good thing that comes with this camera!....

• Like 2