Leica 5370: a Leica TL with an integrated viewfinder to be announced in 2017?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

i thought this is the T forum ;)

one wonders >> "Certificate Printed"

Let me try and rescue this thread from more talk by posting an image from the Q!  A few months old though it may be...attachicon.gif20161030 - 0017 - VMG - Leica Q - Diwali dinner at Pandan Valley - L1000338.jpg

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by frame-it

If in the new TL2, they have gotten rid of the flash yet no built in EVF or new features, then why is the rumored price so high? Nothing making sense between that and the SL price slash. A new sensor shouldn't bump the retail price up by so much.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

OK, so they got rid of the flash and upped to 24mp. Looks like they've just made some space to put the M10 sensor in there. Ready made for SL lenses . It's the new full frame, interchangeable lens, EVF system that everyone's been asking for.

:D

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

OK, so they got rid of the flash and upped to 24mp. Looks like they've just made some space to put the M10 sensor in there. Ready made for SL lenses . It's the new full frame, interchangeable lens, EVF system that everyone's been asking for.

No, would need to be thicker and wider and taller to be full frame. Edited by Belle123

No, would need to be thicker and wider and taller to be full frame.

Why? It's got the L mount? It can take SL lenses. All it needs is a slightly bigger sensor - and enough space to fit it into*. Hence the removal of the flash, and perhaps a bit more juggling of the innards.

*An extra 5mm or so all round would be enough.

Edited by LocalHero1953

OK, so they got rid of the flash and upped to 24mp. Looks like they've just made some space to put the M10 sensor in there. Ready made for SL lenses . It's the new full frame, interchangeable lens, EVF system that everyone's been asking for.

Oh, boy. Paul, don't do this!

The consequence would be to orphan the TL lenses (and there are rather a lot of the, aren't here?). However, that additional height has to be for something (with the loss of the pop-up flash).

Hopefully, it won't be just another Sony sensor, but something special.

Edited by IkarusJohn
  • Like 1

If in the new TL2, they have gotten rid of the flash yet no built in EVF or new features, then why is the rumored price so high? Nothing making sense between that and the SL price slash. A new sensor shouldn't bump the retail price up by so much.

I would guess that probably 4K video would be the buzzword used by Leica to justify the price increase...

Oh, boy. Paul, don't do this!

The consequence would be to orphan the TL lenses (and there are rather a lot of the, aren't here?). However, that additional height has to be for something (with the loss of the pop-up flash).

The TL lenses would remain as compact AF lenses matching the body for size.

I wrote my post tongue-in-cheek, but I'm ready to shout "I told you so" if it really happens.

Edit: and remember that when the T came out, there was a lot of speculation that the new L mount was wide enough for a full frame sensor and that a future T2 might go in that direction. The launch of the SL showed why the new mount was that big, but the option of a full frame T is still there

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

Comparing the T's superlative raw files with those of the D7000 and NEX C-3, both of which use the same sensor, it would seem that the "special" quality originates with Leica. If the TL2's 24mp sensor is even a marginal improvement over that of the T, I'm sold.

could be the M10 sensor ?

Why? It's got the L mount? It can take SL lenses. All it needs is a slightly bigger sensor - and enough space to fit it into*. Hence the removal of the flash, and perhaps a bit more juggling of the innards.

*An extra 5mm or so all round would be enough.

The TL lenses would remain as compact AF lenses matching the body for size.

I wrote my post tongue-in-cheek, but I'm ready to shout "I told you so" if it really happens.

Edit: and remember that when the T came out, there was a lot of speculation that the new L mount was wide enough for a full frame sensor and that a future T2 might go in that direction. The launch of the SL showed why the new mount was that big, but the option of a full frame T is still there

If the T becomes full frame and retains most of the original T design and interface, even if a little bigger, I might be a buyer. But......not holding my breath! Think if it went full frame, then it would be at least a 5k camera. Nothing points to that yet.

When you click on the source link though and translate you will see that the height is listed as 74.7mm which is (as rumored before) 5,7mm higher than the current model.

If we are talking of the same source, it is from March 29th! Meaning what they used to say before; and now (July 6th), they are saying something different!...

I guess all we have to do is to wait a few more days to see what this baby is made of! ;)

Speculation is not going to change anything of what Leica has already done! ... Suspense continues!... ;)