Leica 5370: a Leica TL with an integrated viewfinder to be announced in 2017?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After reading Jono's article and watching Thorsten Overgaard's review on YouTube I went to Wetzlar today to try the TL2. After a few minutes of testing I couldn't resist and bought a black one

My first impressions: quite impressive, compared to my T. Faster, smoother operation and focusing and really good high ISO performance! Not perfect yet and no revolution but evolution with many improvements.

• Like 4

After reading Jono's article and watching Thorsten Overgaard's review on YouTube I went to Wetzlar today to try the TL2. After a few minutes of testing I couldn't resist and bought a black one

My first impressions: quite impressive, compared to my T. Faster, smoother operation and focusing and really good high ISO performance! Not perfect yet and no revolution but evolution with many improvements.

Can you (or someone else) give us some feedback on the AF speed with the 23mm and the 35mm lens? Thanks

What me interests most is the jpeg ooc quality of the TL2. Could you give me an idea if it´s close to the old T/TL (that was very good like X113 and X-Vario). Or is it more as the Q or M -  (the very bad jpegs ooc of the Q let me sell it).

I tried one and the autofocus and startup was so slow I thought I'd gone to sleep - much worse than the original T. 

Glorious image quality of course . . . but . . .but . . . but 

I can understand where you are coming from Jono, but that is half of the attraction, it slooooows you down: -) which for me is half of the joy of photography.

Superb images BTW

Can you (or someone else) give us some feedback on the AF speed with the 23mm and the 35mm lens? Thanks

Haven´t tested all the lenses yet, but the AF is faster than the T´s AF. It still depends on the lens, some of them seem to be slower than others. In low light condtions the AF slows down but is still faster than the T´s AF in low light situations. Will try a bit more during the next days.

What me interests most is the jpeg ooc quality of the TL2. Could you give me an idea if it´s close to the old T/TL (that was very good like X113 and X-Vario). Or is it more as the Q or M -  (the very bad jpegs ooc of the Q let me sell it).

I´ve been using only the DNG files developed in LR in the past and have not used the jpegs at all. So I´m quite happy with the DNG only option now. But I will try the jpegs as well, maybe during the weekend.

• Like 3

Unfortunately my brand new TL2 died within 24 hours after the purchase :(

The camera was working fine on wednesday and it was left switched off with almost fully charged battery on my dining table at the evening. Yesterday evening the TL2 was dead and the battery totally discharged... Tried another charged battery from my T but no change.

I called the Wetzlar store today and they asked me to bring it back. The Salesman told me I should get a new one, but unfortunately the TL2 is sold out there. On Monday I will go there and hopefully get some more Information (maybe talk to the CC as well).

Regards, René

Edited by bachmanns
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The camera was working fine on wednesday and it was left switched off with almost fully charged battery on my dining table at the evening. Yesterday evening the TL2 was dead and the battery totally discharged... Tried another charged battery from my T but no change.

I called the Wetzlar store today and they asked me to bring it back. The Salesman told me I should get a new one, but unfortunately the TL2 is sold out there. On Monday I will go there and hopefully get some more Information (maybe talk to the CC as well).

Regards, René

Just out of curiosity, does that battery now retain a charge (can you use the new battery from TL2 in T after battery has been in charger)?

Regards, René

Hmmmmm. So has mine.

Leica Australia have one waiting for me in exchange which I will collect on Monday. I hope this isn't a trend.

Gordon

• Like 1

As we are not the first of April yet, I hope this is note a hoke; and, I hope the guess about the EVF is right. But also, if they are really making a new T, I hope it would be with a more modern sensor.

So; could the new T look like this?

Considering that the new TL2 is now out, what do we think the newer TL will be called the one I wait for this 5370 one with the viewfinder? TL3 - surely not so soon after the TL2?