Mistral75

Leica 5370: a Leica TL with an integrated viewfinder to be announced in 2017?

Curious, the Leica T is labeled Type 701, the TL is Type 8854 and rumor has it the new camera ("maybe" a TL replacement) is Type 5370.

Is there any logic or specific meaning to the numerals chosen or numbering systems if anyone knows?

kindly ignore, I am going to Post this as a new topic.

this is a Leica M240-P and no.... its not that thin

Edited by i-Leica

This is interesting...

https://youtu.be/ceLGTik2cvw

That's a pretty thin Camera...

That's what I thought at first but the position of the lens doesn't look like it's In the right place to be a 240. Again to me it also looks a bit too thin.

This is definitely a M camera. Also, he is using 2 different flash; would that mean he is also using different cameras?...

Not at all the new TL!

This is definitely a M camera. Also, he is using 2 different flash; would that mean he is also using different cameras?...

Not at all the new TL!

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Yup that's an M! You clearly spent more time pulling pics from the video!

any news?..... new TL should be around soon

I guess Jono is testing it and will soon post his impression!

Apparently Sony stopped production of 16MP crop sensors, so the transition to 24MP crop sensor was inevitable. That, and some advances introduced in the Leica SL and the Leica Q, may have caused a slightly redesigned TL. I do not think built-in EVF adds any value, because it increases the size and cost of the camera. However, an updated external EVF for the TL, with higher resolution and better refresh rate, is welcome. 

Apparently Sony stopped production of 16MP crop sensors, so the transition to 24MP crop sensor was inevitable. That, and some advances introduced in the Leica SL and the Leica Q, may have caused a slightly redesigned TL. I do not think built-in EVF adds any value, because it increases the size and cost of the camera. However, an updated external EVF for the TL, with higher resolution and better refresh rate, is welcome. 

For me personally built in eve is a must, I wouldn't want a camera without a viewfinder. An external elf increases size far more and you have to buy it so there is cost also. 

For me personally built in eve is a must, I wouldn't want a camera without a viewfinder. An external elf increases size far more and you have to buy it so there is cost also.

The thing I like most about the T is the slim body design. If they change it to include a built in viewfinder, it will alter that quite a bit plus will be a small tiny viewfinder plus the price would increase by at least the cost of the current EVF. There is no win win on this. I curse sometimes at the external EVF, but then I love the rest of the design. But also keep in mind, the new M10 is made to use the same EVF. More likely that won't change with the new T.

I thought that too, but I'm not really missing the VF. There is a certain freedom in being able to hold the camera at angles that a VF makes impossible. 

For me I prefer a good external EVF over a smallish internal.

But I would prefer a big internal about a big external

If they came out with a T that had a built in EVF, how would that affect sales of the Leica Q? It seems unlikely that Leica would alter the T in order to essentially replicate the Q with interchangeable lenses.