Horizontal lines on M10 at ISO 2500 plus hot pixels

bancosydney

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve become addicted to Astrophotography and the cold hard truth is that the M10 is not good at it. I also get the same banding with long exposure times and high ISO (1600-3200). Depending on how the image is post processed, it can be hidden, but it’s certainly not as clean as the files from my APSC Fuji X-Pro2.

The M10 in all other aspects is a great camera and I love it, but for long exposure photography at higher ISO, there are better cameras for that purpose. It’s a great excuse to buy a Sony A7, Fuji GFX or Fuji X series which are known to be great for that purpose. One device is rarely a jack of all trades so I don’t fault Leica for it.

You won’t get the answer you want anyway. Leica takes the position that LENR will remove noise that cannot be removed otherwise -which is true- and considers it to be part of their standards for image quality. As they have been saying that since 2006 I doubt whether anything will change.

You won’t get the answer you want anyway. Leica takes the position that LENR will remove noise that cannot be removed otherwise -which is true- and considers it to be part of their standards for image quality. As they have been saying that since 2006 I doubt whether anything will change.

Honestly that's a damn shame if true. It does not make any sense to me. What I like to do is stack several 30second or so images to create a long exposure that seems several minutes long. I have never experienced any issues with noise to that extent on any camera I have owned.

Even when shooting images for 30 seconds and then turning off my M10 before LENR begins, absolutely no issues with noise when shooting anywhere near iso100.

I love this camera for everything else but not being able to turn off LENR really bothers me because I do not care to own a second camera from a different manufacture.

I understand the camera is a tool and there are times you need a different tool for a different job. But to me this is like Mercedes Benz telling me that I should buy a Range Rover instead if there is ever a time when I want to park a S-Class on the grass.

Edited by leetmode

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem, a horizontal line. Always in the same place. Only occurs if I take a photo immediately after starting up the new M10 after it has be off for a while. Once the camera has been on for a while the line diminishes in subsequent photos and eventually goes away.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!