Nifty Fifty: Please share some 50 mm pictures!

goldchen96

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, fotografr said:

Not trying to be a hard ass or the enforcer here, but Sigma camera and Voigtlander lens? The Forum rules specify all posts must involve Leica equipment. This can be either the camera or the lens, but must involve at least one. Just FYI. Otherwise, we'll have people posting photos taken with 50mm Zeiss lenses on Sony cameras, which is not appropriate for this forum.

Cheers,

Brent

Thanks for the note. Moderators, please delete my posts if they are off topic. 

There seems to be interest from long time Leica users (I am one) in Leica partner products - Voigtlander VM and Sigma L-mount cameras specifically. But there are other threads dedicated to this content. I will make sure to keep my posts there. Clear skies, Alan

14 minutes ago, Alan Friedman said:

There seems to be interest from long time Leica users (I am one) in Leica partner products - Voigtlander VM and Sigma L-mount cameras specifically. But there are other threads dedicated to this content. I will make sure to keep my posts there. Clear skies, Alan

Agree.

I'd hope you'd just keep posting.  They're comparative choices to Leica products, and, so have relevance.

Regards,

Rob

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb fotografr:

Beautiful image (and cat).

Thank you! We found her on the street when she was supposedly 3-4 weeks old, desperate and alone in the rain - and since then we got used to her obsession to throw pens from the desk. 😏 The evening light hit her face so nicely when she was lying peacefully in her basket. And then is difficult not to forget her obsessions... 🙂

SL2 + 50 1.2

Busy traffic

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robert Blanko said:

Thank you! We found her on the street when she was supposedly 3-4 weeks old, desperate and alone in the rain - and since then we got used to her obsession to throw pens from the desk. 😏 The evening light hit her face so nicely when she was lying peacefully in her basket. And then is difficult not to forget her obsessions... 🙂

Wonderful story. My wife and I came home with a cat many years ago that looked very much like yours. We were traveling home from our cabin and stopped at a wayside and this soaking wet kitten walked right up to us. He had a happy home for the rest of his life. We named him, "Chance." 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alan Friedman said:

I'm a recent Voigtlander user, myself. Love the lenses.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Why is everyone so busy?  M4 50mm summilux Trix 400

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by rcusick
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ropo54 said:

Agree.

I'd hope you'd just keep posting.  They're comparative choices to Leica products, and, so have relevance.

Regards,

Rob

I completely agree that the Voigtlander lenses have relevance, but the question is how they render on Leica products, not how they render on cameras like Sigma, Sony, Fuji, etc..  In terms of the Leica Forum, I don't know what useful information we gain by seeing how alternative products perform on a Sigma camera. Or am I completely off base here? In any event, I don't make the rules so the final decision isn't up to me 

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, fotografr said:

I completely agree that the Voigtlander lenses have relevance, but the question is how they render on Leica products, not how they render on cameras like Sigma, Sony, Fuji, etc..  In terms of the Leica Forum, I don't know what useful information we gain by seeing how alternative products perform on a Sigma camera. Or am I completely off base here? In any event, I don't make the rules so the final decision isn't up to me 

I understand. 

But, I still like to see 'options'. My point is that it is quite easy to just bypass a thread, a post, a photo of something which is not of interest. It takes but a few seconds.

Regards,

Rob

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fotografr said:

Sorry to say but, I actually cared (as a leica user and a Leica forum reader) to see the VM lens on the Sigma. The relevance of to Leica is that it's a lens we use on Leica as well, and that Sigma is part of the L alliance. Enough for me to be interested.... 

• Like 2

M- Hexanon 50\2

M6

tmax 400

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Steven said:

Sorry to say but, I actually cared (as a leica user and a Leica forum reader) to see the VM lens on the Sigma. The relevance of to Leica is that it's a lens we use on Leica as well, and that Sigma is part of the L alliance. Enough for me to be interested.... 

Then by all means Alan should keep posting his images. As I said, it's not up to me. I don't make the rules. I still don't get how the combination of two non-Leica products can translate to performance on Leica cameras, but that's just me. 

I have PM'd Alan and asked him to disregard my comment.

Edited by fotografr

15 hours ago, Alan Friedman said:

There appears to be enough interest in your posts with the Sigma/Voigtlander combo from other members to warrant continuation, so please disregard my comment about forum rules. Cheers, Brent

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steven said:

A reason to be interested could be that some clone of a Sigma body could wear a red dot soon or late but rules are rules and only the admin may change them for now :cool:.

51 minutes ago, lct said:

A reason to be interested could be that some clone of a Sigma body could wear a red dot... 

Please, no. I really don't want to go back to the days of hoping for a clean 800 ISO image. 😉

Edited by fotografr

M10M, 50mm Nickel Heliar

• Like 2

Delicate, light pink Begonia flowers.

M10M, 50mm Summilux ASPH

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fotografr said:

There appears to be enough interest in your posts with the Sigma/Voigtlander combo from other members to warrant continuation, so please disregard my comment about forum rules. Cheers, Brent

Appreciate the comments... we are on the same page wanting content to be of interest and on topic. all the best, Alan.

1 hour ago, Alan Friedman said:

Appreciate the comments... we are on the same page wanting content to be of interest and on topic. all the best, Alan.

We're also on the same page about the 50mm focal length. That's long been my favorite.

Cheers!

• Like 1

M3, Summilux 50mm f/1.4, Kodak  TMax 100, Rodinal 1:100, semi stand

• Like 6