Nifty Fifty: Please share some 50 mm pictures!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just a simple comparison, same location but different days. Top photo taken wide open with the new Noctilux f/1.2. Bottom photo taken with the Summilux asph, also wide open. One thing that rather surprised me was that the f/1.2 retained more definition in the building and tree in the distance than the Summilux did. I would have expected the opposite.

Edited by fotografr
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent shots around my home town of Glasgow - M Monochrom mk1, 50mm Summilux ASPH.   Cheers! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder se

Glasgow - M Monochrom mk1, 50mm Summilux ASPH. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Britain was hit with an incredible snow storm over the last week. Dubbed 'the beast from the east', it brought swathes of the country to a standstill. If you live in the UK, doubtless you experienced it to some degree. I've never seen snow like that in Glasgow, and I've lived here almost all my life. It was great for photos though.   I shot these three pictures on my trusty M Monochrom mk1, all with the 50mm Summilux ASPH black chrome lens.   Did my best to keep the camera dry, since it's no

Posted Images

Hi, ... (M9- Summicron 2/50 v5) :

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, to celebrate May 1 ... (M9 - Summarit 2,5/50 f 2,5; crop) :

(Maibock is a special German beer, with higher alcohol content, for spring and early summer ... )

With 50/1.4 ASPH on M10.

This powder-blue Morris Minor always grabs my attention when visiting a local village.

This is the first time I shot it with my new 50mm Lux. 

M(240) 50mm Lux Asph

2 hours ago, crony said:

Hi, a "boat race" on the Rhein at St.Goar/D ... :

Sorry, I forgot : M9 - VOIGTLÄNDER Apo-Lanthar 2/50 f 8 ... 😭

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By iczek
      Hello to all forum members,
      I have the newest version of the Leica Summicron-M 50/2 6-bit coded for sale. The lens is mint+ condition, like new in the box. There are no signs of use, because it was hardly used. No abrasions, no dust between the lenses, absolutely no trace of used glass. I have a full set with the main box, transport grey box and all caps and papers - as from the manufacturer. The price includes the cost of shipping within the European Union by DHL fully insured. Payment via PayPal (add please +3%) or wire money.
    • By Monochrome_Man
      First of all: hello everybody
      I want to buy Summicron 50mm f2 v3. I have 2 dfferent lens to choose:
      1. lens form about 1969r and it look like this:
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! 2. lens from 1974 and this one is looking as is:
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! In theory both are in good shape, after cla and working good. BUT is any difference beside desgin of lens from 1974 over older one? Price is nearyly the same.
      Second set is more complete, lens hood etc.... but first one is in shop in my city, second one --- only shipping.

link to wiki: https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/Summicron_(II)_f%3D_5_cm_1:2
    • By RF’sDelight
      Aus meiner Sammlung verkaufe ich ein Leica bzw. Leitz Summicron-R 1:2/50 (2-Cam, 11218), Seriennummer 2389284 mit Gegenlichtblende, passendem Objektivdeckel, passendem UVa-Filter (VI) und OVP (siehe Bilder)
      Es kann an alle Leicaflex und Leicaflex SL Kameras mit R-Bajonett verwendet werden und über entsprechende Adapter natürlich auch an aktuellen Digitalkameras.
      Das Objektiv ist sauber und trotz seines Alters, ca. 50 Jahre, in einem sehr guten Zustand. Die Fokussierung läuft gleichmäßig, die halben Blendenstufen rasten sauber ein. Das Glas erscheint mir nahezu makellos und die Blendenlamellen sind frei von Spuren. 
      Bezahlung per Überweisung, Kostenloser Versand (EU, CH, NOR)
      Dies ist ein Privatverkauf unter Ausschluss der Gewährleistung bzw. Sachmängelhaftung. Ein Umtausch und Rückgabe sind ebenso ausgeschlossen.
      - - - - - - 
      I am selling a Leica or Leitz Summicron-R 1:2/50 (2-Cam, 11218), serial number 2389284 with lens hood, matching lens cap, matching UVa filter (VI) and original box (see pictures).
      It can be used on all Leicaflex and Leicaflex SL cameras with R bayonet and of course on current digital cameras via appropriate adapters.
      The lens is clean and in very good condition despite its age of about 50 years. The focusing runs smoothly, the half aperture stops snap in cleanly. The glass seems almost flawless to me and the aperture blades are free of traces. 
      Payment by bank transfer, Free shipping (EU, CH, NOR).
      This is a private sale. Excluded are any warranty or liability for material defects, exchange and return. 
    • By Julius Yls
      Hi All, I am sharing my short article few years back when I traveled around France for a month just carrying one body (ME) and one lens (50mm Summilux). It was a regret decision for the fist 1 week but I am enjoying the thrill after that :D. I wonder if you guys have the same experience with just relying on 1 lens for your long trip.
      https://juliusyls.com/blog/2019/9/11/traveling-around-france-with-50mm-lens-hnglr

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Steve H
      Having recently purchased an Industar-50 f3.5, I have an issue regarding focussing.
      When set to infinity, it doesn't focus correctly, seemingly needing a slight turn beyond infinity.
      Also when trying to focus on objects at 0.65m (the minimum focal distance of this lens), I need to stand about 1m away to focus properly.
      I don't know if it's a problem with the camera or the lens. 
      Any suggestions?

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!