pikovsg

Your Lightroom color numbers for M10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What number settings do you use for Hue Saturation and Luminance on M10?

Also, do you mess with calibration settings - Red/Blue/Green Primary (Hue/Sat)?

Did anyone do a custom color profile yet that they can upload here?

Trying to get the right profile settings to be perfect in LR. Here's what I got using Adobe Standard (like it more than Leica profile):

I made profiles for my M10, I mean Illuminant for: daylight, LED, flash, studio lamp. I don't want to change the original colour, saturation, etc ...

Starting with Process "2012 (Current)" and Profile "Adobe Standard"; I am using these:

Red Primary:

Hue +10

Sat -5

Green Primary:

Hue 0

Sat 0

Blue Primary:

Hue -15

Sat -25

Not messing with the HSL settings.

Basically this has the same, or similar, effect as your HSL settings: tame the saturations of the reds and the blues, and make the reds more yellowish and the blues more greenish. I plan to replace my primary colour settings with a real profile, using the X-Rite ColorChecker and Adobe DNG Profile Editor ... but haven't yet.

I made a profile. It did not change much. So I tried Olafs calibration settings. They are good, the only setting I did not like is turning the HUE for blue towards green. I tested some blue colors and now my setting remains at 0.

I think the Adobe Standard profile for the M10 is rather good. The changes I made are a matter of taste, mainly to give people with a reddisch skin a more pleasing look.

Elmar

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I made a profile. It did not change much. So I tried Olafs calibration settings. They are good, the only setting I did not like is turning the HUE for blue towards green. I tested some blue colors and now my setting remains at 0.

I think the Adobe Standard profile for the M10 is rather good. The changes I made are a matter of taste, mainly to give people with a reddisch skin a more pleasing look.

Elmar

Agree with all of this. Creating a profile in the same lighting conditions works best, but the difference is subtle. 01af's settings are good, but the blue hue was too much. Personally I find Adobe Standard the best place to start for most images.

So I tried Olaf's calibration settings. They are good, the only setting I did not like is turning the hue for blue towards green. I tested some blue colors and now my setting remains at 0.

01af's settings are good, but the blue hue was too much.

After your critique, I checked my own settings with more of my pictures ... and I have to agree with you: Hue -15, Sat -25 indeed is too much. But still, Hue 0 renders the blues too purplish. So I reduced my Blue Primary settings to Hue -5, Sat -15.