Case Options Titanium

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Guys, 

I have a question for everyone!

I just got a new Leica Q titanium edition and it is fantastic, I love it!

On a black Q the holster, bag etc. and half cases all work nicely. 

Does anyone here have a titanium Q and if so how do you take care of it, I don't want to put it in a case because it looks so good! But don't want to scratch it, so maybe a case needs to be added.

Thanks for reading!

I put gaffers tape over the top and top edges just to calm the new shine down and reduce the chance of a scratch. I assume you could get that in a gray color similar to the titanium finish. I bought my gaffers tape on Amazon. Not everyone is a fan of putting tape on the beautiful Q as I've done.

My suggestion is go ahead and use a half case, like Arte Di Mano, and take it out when you want to look at it. There are some exotic leathers that would probably look great on it. But then, you will probably worry the leather might get scratched as well.

• Like 1

Sometimes owning really nice things can be a pain.  You try to keep them pristine, looking new, not scratched...and you become a slave to a "thing."  I have owned "things" like that and one day I decided that they were owning me, not the other way around. 

When I changed the way I looked at "things," I found freedom.  I still own them, but they no longer own me.

To me, now, a little "patina" is not a bad thing.  And, as Leonard Cohen said, "There's a crack, a crack, in everything.  That's how the light gets in..."

• Like 4

To overcome my horror at yet another ding or scratch I call this increasing scruffiness my 'tempura finish'. The more battered my camera becomes, the more it becomes MY camera. It's shared in all my adventures and boldly bears the scars.  The important thing is it still works perfectly.

I've heard it said that the old Land Rover Defender was designed as a series of square boxes so that owners could put in the curves. That's a good philosophy. 

Edited by Speenth
  • Like 1

Hi Guys, 

Does anyone here have a titanium Q and if so how do you take care of it, I don't want to put it in a case because it looks so good! But don't want to scratch it, so maybe a case needs to be added.

Thanks for reading!

me too! I like my Leica Titanium Q for its amazing full frame experience, its beauty and ergonomics! Yes you wouldn't want to cover it up! 

When not shooting, I put it inside a Leica Day Bag which easily accommodates my Q with lens hood & thumbs ups, SF40 flash, iPhone 7+, iPad, purse, coin bag and a spare battery. The bag closes nicely with ease though there is a small bulge on the side which is very acceptable. The trick is that I polished down the rim of the lens hood and the tip of the thumbs up. 

Mind you normally there will be a bigger gap with the Q inside with the lens hood on. You can still close the bag easily.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi Guys, 

Thanks for reading!

Try 

Op-Tech, D-Shortie Soft Pouch - Digital D-Series. It fits well and will keep Q safe while not in use.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by mehtasunil

• 3 months later...

I posted this previously; however, I am a nut about things being kept nice.  I use a black Gordy's wrist strap (medium length) with a black wrist pad and a leather bumper in conjunction with the Leica Protector half-case.  All of this goes into a ThinkTank Suburban Disguise 5 bag.  It has proven to be very functional and a rather compact kit that works out real well.  Protection and convenience.  Here is a picture of the bag:

suburban-disguise-5-10.jpg?v=1492620954

• Like 1