E55 filter for M8

brunomigas

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys,

so i need an IR filter, otherwise M8 is only usefull for beautifull b/w ;)

i have a planar 50 and a nokton 40, so they use different diameter filters.

Do you agree if i buy a e55 uv/ir filter, i can adapt it to all these lenses, using a step-up or step-down?

I read somewhere that leica e55 has different size threads, and not being compatible with all these adapters?

Where can i find these specs?

thanks

I'm buying UV/IR cut filters and IR photography filters under ROCOLAX brand from reputable seller on ebay. Cost is low, but it works.

Also, M8 without IR-cut filters is very much usable in color until filter is obtained. Only some dark clothes are affected, but most of the time it doesn't really matter what the color of dark clothes is. Skin colors are not affected:

U57736I1487126075.SEQ.0.jpg

L1013598.jpg

U57736I1488063007.SEQ.0.jpg

Sorry but all colours are more or less affected by IR with the M8, including skin tones. IR cut filters are mandatory on the M8 for color works in my experience. Still using Rocolax UV/IR filters and they work quite well but they are more flare prone than B+W or Leica UV/IR filters. Not a problem given the price IMHO.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I was only mentioning what here is no reason not to try it in color while waiting for the filter. For me it took about four weeks for IR/UV cut filter to make it here under free shipping from China. I didn't have problems as you shown here during this time. But I was taking outdoor pictures mostly and none of us smokes (it affects skin color)  :) Of course I have filter on once it arrived.

Edited by Ko.Fe.
  • Like 1