flyalf

How about a thread sharing ND filter tips and photos?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I dont know if this is the correct forum, but I wanted to share and learn using ND filters on digital M's. Please feel free to contribute:

Learnings so far:

+ "A" works ok.
+ I use a 67mm ND11 with step down rings for different lenses.
+ The effect is pleasing (at least for me)

- I get some strange flares on 90/4 macro, and sometimes on 50/2. Havent found the cause, but suspect light leakage in lens.
- The WATE filter adapter seems to have some strange threads, not compatible with other lenses?
 - If I use the WATE filter adapter on WATE I have to mask the small window in adapter to avoid flares due to ligh coming from behind the lens.

Here is a test with Hoya ND11 (-11 EV) on a 35/1,4 FLE on a M240 (aprox 16 seconds?). In heavy snowing:

L1009355 by Alf Sollund, on Flickr

Hello Alf,

Nice photo.

Which aperture did you use?

Nice idea for a Thread, also.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hi,

16s, f/8, 200ISO.

Sorry for late answer.

Alf

Abandones house with ND11. 60s, f/5.6. ISO 200. The long exposure flattened the sea and allowed me to mask the upper part for 45s awoiding burn-out of the white montains.

Storfjord_house by Alf Sollund, on Flickr

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Johnclare369
      Hi all
      In the past I used my M10 for exposures up to 120 seconds. Now I can’t find how to do it!! It’s really frustrating as I am on a trip where I need to shoot some dawn shots on a tripod with long exposure. I also have my Q2 with me so I used that today by selecting the 1+ option on the shutter speed dial.
      Please make replies really clear. Eg someone suggested using the ‘front button’ combined with Bulb mode. I could not find  way through make that work. Please post a screen shot if there is any doubt.
      Much appreciated.
      JC

• By Annie25
      I have a Q2 and generally love it,firmware 2.0 installed. Cannot access +1  long exposures  eg T mode for night shots . Right top wheel changes exp comp but
      not shutter speed. Any advice pl? Thanks.

Annie
    • By 9euf
      Hi all,

I recently hit on a Summicron 50mm and bought it. Now I need a ND filter, preferably a variable one, as I'll be shooting open.
      Could you recommend me one ? I live in Europe and would appreciate if you can also tell me where I can buy it. Sometimes it's hard to find a certain model.

Thanks and wish you all a good weekend.

N.
    • By Zsolt Arkossy
      I would like to purchase some filters for the M10 + Summilux 35 FLE, and I am not sure which are the best in terms of ease of use (screw on with hood, stacking, vignetting).

I am about to order these:

UV: http://www.leicashop.com/brandnew_de/filter/leica-filter/leica-filter-uva-ii-46mm-schwarz-skul13033.html

ND: http://www.leicashop.com/brandnew_de/filter/leica-nd-filter/leica-filter-nd-16x-46mm-schwarz-skul13055.html

Polarizer: http://www.leicashop.com/brandnew_de/filter/b-w-pol-filter/b-w-circular-polfilter-ksm-e46mm-mrc-f-pro-skubw82658.html
    • By Overgaard
      I just updated my Noctilux article with a test of the new 60mm Leica ND-filter 4-stop (16X) which is a little more blue than the B+W. 

Scroll down the page a bit to get to the part.

http://www.overgaard.dk/leica-50mm-Noctilux-M-ASPH-f-095.html

I've written up a little bit about accuracy of ND filters in general (as to colors and density). 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!