jip

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I wrote an article about the Leica X-E (Typ 102), you can read it here: http://jipvankuijk.nl/leica-x-e-typ-102/

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

I wrote an article about the Leica X-E (Typ 102), you can read it here: http://jipvankuijk.nl/leica-x-e-typ-102/

attachicon.gifLeica_X-E_Article_Jip_van_Kuijk_m240_1.jpg

Very good review, thanks for much for bringing it to my attention. I have a chance to get a new LEICA X-E (TYPE 102) in a discontinued stock sale for half the usual retail price, so I think I'll take it.

• Like 1

I have an x2 but enjoyed that review and your pictures :)

It is a very capable little camera. Totally reinvigorated my interest in photography because it's so easy to take anywhere with me. Doesn't feel like an effort. 

Completely agree re: the EVF2 as well, I bought one thinking it would improve the shooting experience but it is not for me and I will move it on. 

• Like 1

Good article, Jip. I look forward to your profile for the lens. I've been using the LR profile for the 28 Elmarit ASPH, for lack of anything better.

Did you use the "forced on" flash option for the fill-flash in the second to last photo (friend looking at the screen on the back of his M)? The manual isn't model of clarity, it's names for the flash options don't match up with the in-camera menus.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Good article, Jip. I look forward to your profile for the lens. I've been using the LR profile for the 28 Elmarit ASPH, for lack of anything better.

Did you use the "forced on" flash option for the fill-flash in the second to last photo (friend looking at the screen on the back of his M)? The manual isn't model of clarity, it's names for the flash options don't match up with the in-camera menus.

Yes for fill in flash I set manual exposure on the background with flash forced on! :) So let's say 1/2000 f/4 flash forced on ISO 100 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...