Any differences T (FW1.6) and TL?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When the TL came out, the main changes were: improved AF, 32GB internal storage and a new color with bevelled edges. Hardware changes related to AF improvement were not mentioned, suggesting it might be predominantly (exclusively?) firmware-driven.

In the latest firmware for the T (1.6), the benefits (45% improved AF, better support SL-lenses, etc.) seem identical to the improvements mentioned in the TL press release.

So my question is: Has a black/silver TL any advantages compared to the T with latest firmware, other than bigger internal storage (which could easily be compensated by putting in a bigger SD-card? More specific: is the AF performance of both cameras now identical?

Did anyone do the upgrade and has some comparisons available?

Hi MWC,

I don't have first hand experience of comparing the two models but my understanding, like yours, is that the T and the TL are functionally identical. If anyone knows better I'll stand corrected.

Cheers,

Edited by Volbeat

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, the only functional difference between the T v. 1.6 and the TL is the internal memory. Frankly, I have yet to resort to the internal memory since I always carry a large capacity SD card in the camera. It would have been thoughtful if the TL had provisions for a cable or other remote release. Using the iPhone for remote via wiFi is an unreliable pain in the derrier considering the signal drops and occasional failure to recognize the camera..

• Like 1