Black M2 RapidWider found

Down the back of the sofa? On top of a wardrobe? In a storeroom of your Leica Museum? The pocket of that jacket you haven't worn in twenty years?

I bought it from memberBill Rosauer, derleicaman. See his profile, please. He was one of the Abrahamsson's good friends.

You mentioned a jacket I have not worn! It's one of my very early motorcycle jackets and sure enough in the top zippered pocket I had my Good Conduct medal from the service. I've forgotten why.

I found a mint almost new black paint M2 Leicavit... you need that.

Really? No such thing exists as far as I know. Besides, Tom Abrahamsson's RapidWinder is better engineered.

So, show me this this Leica black paint M2 Leicavit.

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

Really? No such thing exists as far as I know. Besides, Tom Abrahamsson's RapidWinder is better engineered.

So, show me this this Leica black paint M2 Leicavit.

Of course they exist, but all seem to be in the 10K$ range.

And now I'm lusting for a Abrahamson Black M2 Rapid Winder. Where can I get one? I could partial-trade my silver one... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am pleased to have found a Tom Abrahamsson black Leica M2 RapidWinder. I will put it into the estate bucket for my mate along with an original button-rewind black M2 (#948929).  Life is good.

Best of luck with it, Pico, a rare find.  BTW, OT, check out these tribute soft releases to Tom - even if you don't use them, it's a great gift:

32373169993_15042fe70b_b.jpg

• Like 1

Of course they exist, but all seem to be in the 10K$ range.

And now I'm lusting for a Abrahamson Black M2 Rapid Winder. Where can I get one? I could partial-trade my silver one... :)

There were forty made. I've never seen another.

You could separate your shell and have it powder coated. I say power coated/painted because I think that's how Tom had his done. The surface has a brilliant shine. (Someone correct me if I am wrong.)

Edited by pico