3. platypus

platypus

4. war

war

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kalifornier
      Lupines are blanketing the areas around Folsom Lake. Here are a few images from a morning visit. All pics/panoramas taken with TL2/18-56 mm combo. It was frustrating to watch people trample wildflowers for their dumb selfies and/or kid portraits as well as 'professional' photogs doing model shoots and dragging all their gear on the flowers.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Peter K
      I have a question about choosing the right 28 mm M lens for landscape photography. If it has been asked in other posts already, I apologise in advance.
      Background
      I have decided to buy a 28mm for my M240. It will be used for landscape photography almost exclusively.
      For the first time in my life, I am leaning towards an Elmarit ASPH. However, I always have this nagging inner voice telling me, that Summilux and Summicron are the only ways to go no matter the situation.
      So before buying, I want to make sure that I will not be compromising on any key aspects important to me with an Elmarit. And since I live in a place where trying different lenses before buying is not an easy alternative, I turn to all you skilled Leica experts in here for advice.
      My needs
      I will be shooting at apertures between f/8 - f/11 most of the time. And I will only rarely be focusing on objects very close. So I am not that concerned about bokeh (which I guess is not that relevant for a wide-angle lens anyway).
      The same thing goes for color rendering, since I’m shooting digital and will be postprocessing the RAW files anyway.
      However, I am very interested in achieving good sharpness from corner to corner. And I am also concerned about the handling of lens flare.
      Question
      Do you think the Elmarit ASPH will be the right choice for my purpose? Or will the 28mm Cron or Lux in any of their incarnations perform noticeably better under the above circumstances?
      Reading lots of reviews, both the Cron and the Lux obviously outperforms the Elmarit for low light situations. But will there be differences in image quality, sharpness and flare handling when stopping down to f/8 - f/11?
      Any input will be much appreciated. Thanks!
      - Peter.