Soso

His practice appears to use the LCD rather than the rangefinder which I find appalling because he is gnoring what the camera is. Also his photos have no bearing upon  captured fleeting moments. His pictures are posed with a lot of time  as one would expect with LCD compositions. In all he is not expressing the soul of a Leica M.

Edited by pico
  • Like 4

His practice appears to use the LCD rather than the rangefinder which I find appalling because he is gnoring what the camera is. Also his photos have no bearing upon captured fleeting moments. His pictures are posed with a lot of time as one would expect with LCD compositions. In all he is not expressing the soul of a Leica M.

Yep. There's literally no reason he needs or is benefitting from the M system in this type of photography. If he's a fashion photographer and uses artificial light, there are far better systems for him to use. Kind of a bizarre and inexplicable video.

Yep. There's literally no reason he needs or is benefitting from the M system in this type of photography. If he's a fashion photographer and uses artificial light, there are far better systems for him to use. Kind of a bizarre and inexplicable video.

He gets to use M lenses and clearly enjoys using and owning an M camera. Who is anyone else to judge?
  • Like 3

I watched the video for more info on the M10 and seeing the reviewer using liveview 100% of the time

whilst raving about the new M is rather odd!? He does mention near the end that he uses the LV or EVF for

Different 'glasses' which would make sense for focal lengths outside the 28-135mm range but in the video he was using a 35 and 50mm....

• Like 1

Yep. there's literally no reason he needs or is benefitting from the M system in this type of photography. If he's a fashion photographer and uses artificial light, there are far better systems for him to use. Kind of a bizarre and inexplicable video.

You forgot to preface that with "In my opinion".

It's quite different from mine and others who use it in the way.

Edited by Paul J