Lightroom adjustment brush

Thanks for the comments Mark and David. I don't think it's related to feathering.

I'm posting a typical example, first the whole picture

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Now a detail, woman in hat exposure in face lifted 0.7 stop, with dark deposits visible

Now detail without exposure lifted, darker but no deposits

I think your lifting of exposure locally has started to show the effects of digital noise, This is always a risk when trying to reveal more detail in shadows. Either treat with an adjustment in LR Luminance reduction, or decrease the effect of exposure increase in your local adjustment.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

like empty splotches within the stroke ? i noticed that recently too..very irritating

Empty splotches within the stroke suggests that automasking is selected where the settings don't suit what you want to do there. It depends on your content what works best of course. I find it invaluable. I suggest that you experiment with all of the brush options . You may find it helpful view at 1:1 and be sure to use Show Selected Mask Overlay

Edited by hoppyman
  • Like 2

This is fairly typical for lifting the shadows in an image that is already on the underexposed side, especially at higher ISO. It is a rather lumpy noise effect. The only thing you can attempt to do is to apply a bit of blur locally.

• Like 1