Pradovit CA2500 repair: HELP

picman2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone,

I am new here and (of course) I come with a request for help. I am trying to repair my Pradovit CA 2500 to be able to look at my old slides. A plastic lever which is part of the forward backward movement of the slide box was broken, I repaired it but it is now difficult to see how it should be put back together. For this reason I would like to have a service manual. Is there any good soul here who could possibly help me?

Thank you, best regards, Rob.

Thank you kindly for your reply Doc Henry. I have the regular manual of the CA2500. However, what I need is the service manual, because the regular manual does not show anything from inside the projector, and I need some very detailed explanations about the inside. Thanks again anyway!

Thank you Doc Henry for your kind proposal. I was away yesterday so I only reply now. I attach the pictures of the parts I need to put back together. The two levers fell out when I removed the rail. I know where both have to go but I do not know how they have to fit together, they clearly are interlinked and work together but I do not know how. I also do not want to experiment too much out of fear to break the smaller one again. It was that one that was broken in 2 pieces and I glued them back together. Thanks for any pointers! I send the photos in several messages.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

photo1

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

photo2

photo3

photo4

I made the pictures in chronological order
I took the picture before the dismantling

I removed the moving part
I took out the piece
I handed the piece

and a final photo where everything is mounted
I hope this helps you
The broken and glued part is at what level  ?

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Photo 6

Leica M9-50 Summilux Asph and Macro Elmar 90

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

Hello again Doc Henry. Once again thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to help met out. I now fully understand how things have to be put back together. However, I am afraid I will not be able to do it myself. The lever which you did not take out of the projector is the one which was broken. There is a small tip sticking out of it, pointing downwards and that has to grip on the top of a rotating wheel inside the projector. So it is a good thing that you did not take it out because I can see no way to get it back in without seriously dismantling the projector. Most screws moreover are extremely tight and I am afraid that if I start loosening them I might again at certain places make an irreversible mess. I will contact the firm which you suggested and see what they can do. Once again, I cannot thank you enough for all your trouble!! I can now give that firm detailed instructions as to what is the problem.

Best regards, Bob.

Rob, the small square black plastic (pictures 3 and 4) move a bit
The model 1500 and 2500 may be different there . I removed the underside of the unit to see
We see only a part of this plastic tip that moves, because in front there is a piece of metal
All that is plastic is at the top in the picture , the rest underneath is metallic and if I disassemble

I may not be able to put back the different pieces
I took advantage of this disassembly to remove the dust on the projector
Since I bought it , I never disassembled and the quartz lamp is still original. It works very well

and slides are nicer than digital image in projection. Color of slides is more faithful specially

Kodak or Fuji slide

With the pictures you can send a message to Van Eck or you can phone him

Good luck

Henry

• Like 1

Rob I understand now your question. I just remove the part of your picture 2

The middle part also starts to crack for me, it begins  I just stick with super glue
This piece must be placed as in my photo 4 (which I posted) but the round end

that goes into the projector must be well positioned. If it is well positioned you

it can easily go inside . This round end is facing a white plastic part inside

H

• Like 1

Henry when I try to position the piece as in your photo 4 I cannot get it flat, there is something inside that blocks it. And I was wondering, the little tip, which I encircled in red on the picture which I attach, should that not go above the white plastic part into some hole or guide. The white item is a wheel that turns around when you push the button to move slides forward or backward. So I thought that the tip should somehow be in contact with that wheel and "do something". Anyway I will give it another try.

PS I fully agree with your comments about projection and digital images, I too prefer the projection.

I would like to point out that thanks to the very kind help of Doc Henry I was able to resurrect my Pradovit to life again. I have never in the many years on the internet witnessed anyone giving such extensive, selfless and thorough help!

My sincere thanks for this!!!

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Greetings to All

I am new to this forum. I just purchased a second-hand Pradovit CA2500 which does not eject the slide, either in carton or in a plastic mount. I am trying to get a PDF of the CA 2500 user manual as well as knowing the location of the LKM switch as I understand this might have some function in the slide entry / ejection mechanism.

Could someone help me? Eventually could someone give me the contact details of a good “repair man” located either in The Netherlands, France, Belgium or Germany?  Many Thanks! - Mark