Handevision IBERIT lenses on M series bodies?

Robert E

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Zeiss 25/2.8 is prone to "Zeiss wobble " once you start using their offerings professionally - they just don't hold up as well as Solms

Solms still only has the ashtray sized 24/1.4 which they created as a 35/1.4 surrogate for the M8 ... they still make no 24/2.0.

CV have nothing beyond f4.0 ... 

so Iberit is looking better by the minute

It looks like CV has nothing since 2016 for 24. Their 25 f4 F4P seems to be discontinued. 

http://www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigtlander/english/dispo.html

But IBERIT is bulky even for f2.4 lens. IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered one of the 7Artisans lenses, a 50mm f1.1 and can't wait to try it out.  Yes, it is made in China, but then so are the Iberit lenses.

The 7Artisans are less money than the Iberits and so far seem to have better reviews on their performance, time will tell.   :) 

in 41 years Leica shooting there was very little lens failure - I had a 40 and 35 go blind on the rear element

a 50 with aperture failure and a 90  ( all Summicrons ) and 135/2.8 with separation issues.

VC lenses had zero issues ... ZM's wobbled ... so when I saw a Iberit 75 at Adorama used showing aperture failure and

haze/fungus issues I made a note of it .

in 41 years Leica shooting there was very little lens failure - I had a 40 and 35 go blind on the rear element

a 50 with aperture failure and a 90  ( all Summicrons ) and 135/2.8 with separation issues.

VC lenses had zero issues ... ZM's wobbled ... so when I saw a Iberit 75 at Adorama used showing aperture failure and

haze/fungus issues I made a note of it .

I have Color Skopar PII 35 2.5 which I used exclusively for almost two years on M4-2. Travel, street, events, family pictures. It was falling apart at the end. Lens block holding ring on the back never staid, one day of using, it was wobbling again. The focus tab was loose as well. Only applying thread lock fixed it. I think, after it lens is good for many years, but I sold it due to flat rendering on darkroom prints and not so smooth focus. It is great lens for color film. Switched to Ultron 35 1.7 LTM, problem with ring holding lens block reappeared. Yet, with all of old Leitz lenses I had, never have this problem. But Canadian plastic focus tabs is the shame. So nobody is perfect.

Iberit 24 2.4 is intriguing. I had CS CV 21 M, it was great on rendering, but too small for handling. I always have to keep eye on its aperture ring, which I shifted accidentally while focusing many times. 

It looks like CV has nothing since 2016 for 24. Their 25 f4 F4P seems to be discontinued. 

http://www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigtlander/english/dispo.html

But IBERIT is bulky even for f2.4 lens. IMO. 

The 4/25 is still available new from CameraQuest in LA. 

The 24 Elmar is such a great lens and obtainable at modest cost by Leica standards, that the CV is perhaps a tough sell to all but the most size/$£¥€ minded buyer.

• 7 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The 4/25 is still available new from CameraQuest in LA. 

The 24 Elmar is such a great lens and obtainable at modest cost by Leica standards, that the CV is perhaps a tough sell to all but the most size/$£¥€ minded buyer.

You need a USA address to buy Voigtlander lenses from Steve at Cameraquest. He will not send outside the USA. Luckily I have a daughter in Baltimore, MD, who can act as a Poste Restante for me. Cameraquest was selling off their 21mm/f4 LTM Color Skopars at very low price, especially considering they come with a 21mm VF. I bought an ex-demo one, which seems to work well on my Ig, as zone focus on this lens is quite good enough. It is RF coupled if you need it for close ups. 

Wilson

• Like 1