Incorrectly rotated M10 photos following Lightroom CC import

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Ash,

I've had the same problem since I received my M10. I was hoping the firmware update might fix this... but it's still the same.

Occasionally the photo will import the right way up... but essentially they all import upside down.

One responder mentioned a the 'orientation sensor' which I know nothing about but rings true as when I occasionally shoot 'portrait' it's more often imported correctly, right way up... but still occasionally upside down.

Weird bug.

G

Agreed. I am still having this issue regularly....more often the images are incorrectly oriented. I will say that I had no issues prior to updating to firmware 1.3.4, so I am curious if Hoaxville started with this firmware or with 1.0.1 or 1.0.2. I am hoping that a firmware will fix it. If not, it might need to go into Leica for a check up, which means months without the camera...not a desired outcome. 

• Like 1

Hi Ashwin, I started with the earlier firmware. Not sure if it was 1.0.1 or 1.0.2. But yes, was hoping the firmware would fix. I actually came to the forums just after the cameras release looking for others who were having the same problem. But it seems a bit hit and miss... Maybe as more filter out in the world the problem will arise more? I have a friend with an M10 and his images come in fine...

One responder mentioned a the 'orientation sensor' which I know nothing about but rings true as when I occasionally shoot 'portrait' it's more often imported correctly, right way up... but still occasionally upside down.

Orientation sensors basically measure gravity. Years ago, a simple orientation sensor was just a drop of mercury in a small glass container with sets of contacts in various orientations. As you rotate the sensor, the mercury moves to the lowest point, and creates a short on whichever set of contacts is lowest in the sensor.

Today, so far as I am aware most sensors are semiconductor based geomagnetic sensors - I think you'd get arrested if you tried to ship a commercial product with mercury in it.

Sandy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Maybe if you put the SD card into the reader the other way around? :ph34r:

Seriously, If this is an issue with some cameras only, Leica should be repairing them in a fast turnaround. It appears to me that it would be a good idea to contact CS Wetzlar over this.

Maybe if you put the SD card into the reaader the other way around? :ph34r:

Seriously, If this is an issue with some cameras only, Leica should be repairing them in a fast turnaround. It appears to me that it would be a good idea to contact CS Wetzlar over this.

Best way to do this? I have contacted Leica USA, and got a polite response, but no suggestion to act, stating that information was being collected. I may reach out to my contact again. I do not really want to be without the camera for months-on-end....

• 2 weeks later...

My flippant reply is similar to LaneTomLane, the LR software or the M10 is a southern hemisphere version, you'll need to return it for a northern hemisphere one.

Send it to me, the pics will be the correct way round.

Gary

• Like 1

My flippant reply is similar to LaneTomLane, the LR software or the M10 is a southern hemisphere version, you'll need to return it for a northern hemisphere one.

Send it to me, the pics will be the correct way round.

Gary

:D   If I could get one for myself, I'll just stand on my head when I take photos.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Best way to do this? I have contacted Leica USA, and got a polite response, but no suggestion to act, stating that information was being collected. I may reach out to my contact again. I do not really want to be without the camera for months-on-end....

Hi Ash, I'm still having problems with this... have you been able to find an answer? Def takes some of the energy out of the work flow having to turn all my images around... Thanks, Glendyn

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...