M10 Lag Reviewing Pictures In Play Mode

johnbuckley

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have just started having a problem reviewing pictures in Play mode.

I downloaded and installed the new firmware the day it was available. But in the last 24 hours, the following is noticeable: when I turn on the camera and press the Play button, the screen is dark as the red light blinks a few times. The camera seems to be thinking. I press Play again and the most recent image shows up. But if I try to then go to the image before it, it hangs. It takes several presses on the arrow to get the next photo in the sequence. When I try magnifying the image, it hangs.

This is a real pain, as often you need to go back through several images to find the one you want. Right now, while it works some of the time, it doesn't work correctly most of the time. I have taken the battery out and am charging it to see if reinstalling it might reset it to the way it was working just the other day.

(The only other relevant factor to report is that I did shoot into a driving rain for a few minutes yesterday. But it did not seem to affect the camera at the time and everything else is working.)

Anyone else have this problem? Any thoughts on what it could be and how to address it? Many thanks.

Just a reminder from the M10 manual (I don't have the camera yet myself). p. 220 (English)

Storage medium

SD cards up to 2GB/SDHC cards up to 32GB/SDXC up to 2TB.

In other words, if you want to use 64GB cards, you must get SDXC and cannot use SDHC (even though 64GB SDHC cards are made). Or at least not with Leica's blessing....

• Like 1

In other words, if you want to use 64GB cards, you must get SDXC and cannot use SDHC (even though 64GB SDHC cards are made). Or at least not with Leica's blessing....

No 64GB SDHC cards can exist. SDHC specs (aka SDA 2.0) doesn't allow for storage space above 32GB.

https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/capacity/index.html

• Like 1

Got it. Thank you. I'll shift back down to 32gb. The problem right now is I am traveling, and so it will have to wait. Meantime, the cards do record just fine, it is only playback that's the problem. I appreciate the help.

PS - I had read that in the manual but didn't realize these cards were the forbidden ones...