Leica Q - the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sound suggestion IMHO. The compositional ‘rule’ of thirds and subjects having space to look into an image. I know rules are made to be broken but sometimes they can be effective guides!

Compositionally, for the way the eye works, I understand cropping. But subject-wise, wondering if the bareness of bush doesn't add to the sense of separation from the world below, juxtaposing that bareness with the living human and dog.... I keep staring at this beautiful picture, and can't make up my mind whether better to crop.

Compositionally, for the way the eye works, I understand cropping. But subject-wise, wondering if the bareness of bush doesn't add to the sense of separation from the world below, juxtaposing that bareness with the living human and dog.... I keep staring at this beautiful picture, and can't make up my mind whether better to crop.

Perfectly valid point - either way it’s a totally captivaring and atmospheric image.

• Like 1

i think on balance the image as shown is the better view...

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Fondation Cartier. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica Q
  • Like 6

Snow leopard. 

Leica Q
  • Like 10

Leica Q
  • Like 9

I visited Spokane Washington earlier this week. There are nice waterfalls there and nearby. The first is a small garden near Sacred Hearts Hospital used for quiet reflection. The second image is downtown Spokane by Riverside Park and the old Power Plant. I used a 6-stop ND filter to slow down the shutter speed and make the water more flowing.

• Like 7

Nice shot, though the colours look unusual for Marina Bay.  Was there much post-processing?  Regardless, it's a very nice picture.

- Vikas

Thanks Vikas it was taken at dawn. It’s not a natural representation of the light however it’s derived from the light conditions that morning. I pushed the blues quite hard in PP because I could see they were present in all the shadows and highlights. The week I was there it was sunny which is unusual for Singapore and the morning light in particular had a strong blue-grey tinge, the office blocks also have a blue colour, so it seemed an interesting approach to take in PP. When I took the shot I’d assumed it would be processed as a black and white which is what I typically prefer in Singapore.

• Like 1

Very nice photo. Makes me feel like I’m there.

As a gentle suggestion would the photo not be improved to use the transform tool like in LR and make the buildings vertical? IMHO it only makes images stronger because we know only the Tower in Pisa is really leaning. Meant as a suggestion to an otherwise excellent photo.

Big Paine

Torres del Paine National Park, Chile

• Like 3